• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can you help me choose among these?

macanich

Hello everyone!
I'm new around these parts so need a help from someone that knows thing or two about speakers.
Had Logitech LS21 speakers for a looong time now and they felt good enough (now you know how low my demandings are), but it's definitely time for a change.
They're gonna be used for some rock/reggae/trance music, gaming, movies.. Though, since I have PC hooked on TV via hdmi, movies will be watched on TV. So I'd need to figure out the way how to connect speakers to both pc and tv, if that's even possible without bluetooth feature!?
Made a list of speakers that I'd be interested in (do feel free to offer some new names there if that list is not good enough, although, it could be hard to get other products where I live). Out of those, I've only heard Logitech z623 in person. Not an audiophile so don't know how to describe it. Kinda liked the raw power of it, but it felt like a bit too much bass for my likings. Aesthetically - they're the ugliest out of all mentioned below, at least for me.

Logitech z623 - 95 to 130 $
Edifier R1000T4 - 95 $
Edifier R980T - 105 $
Presonus Eris E3.5 - 120$
Edifier R1280T - 137 $

Top 2 choices for me would be Edifier R1000t4 cause of the price, clean sound and the looks (btw, what you think, black or brown?) and Presonus Eris E3.5 cause they seem to be equipped with most of the features, quite powerful and still pretty cheap considering some of the other entry level monitors.

Hopefully, this wasn't too painful to read. Thank you in advance!

Regards

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello everyone!
I'm new around these parts so need a help from someone that knows thing or two about speakers.
Had Logitech LS21 speakers for a looong time now and they felt good enough (now you know how low my demandings are), but it's definitely time for a change.
They're gonna be used for some rock/reggae/trance music, gaming, movies.. Though, since I have PC hooked on TV via hdmi, movies will be watched on TV. So I'd need to figure out the way how to connect speakers to both pc and tv, if that's even possible without bluetooth feature!?
Made a list of speakers that I'd be interested in (do feel free to offer some new names there if that list is not good enough, although, it could be hard to get other products where I live). Out of those, I've only heard Logitech z623 in person. Not an audiophile so don't know how to describe it. Kinda liked the raw power of it, but it felt like a bit too much bass for my likings. Aesthetically - they're the ugliest out of all mentioned below, at least for me.

Logitech z623 - 95 to 130 $
Edifier R1000T4 - 95 $
Edifier R980T - 105 $
Presonus Eris E3.5 - 120$
Edifier R1280T - 137 $

Top 2 choices for me would be Edifier R1000t4 cause of the price, clean sound and the looks (btw, what you think, black or brown?) and Presonus Eris E3.5 cause they seem to be equipped with most of the features, quite powerful and still pretty cheap considering some of the other entry level monitors.

Hopefully, this wasn't too painful to read. Thank you in advance!

Regards

Z623 were measured here and didn't look too good.

SKBubba

Most TVs have a toslink optical out to route digital sound back to a speaker. The speaker would have to be an active speaker with a dac that has an optical input.

Then you can route all audio for music, games and movies to the tv via hdmi and have the audio play on the powered speakers.

It appears that Edifier and Presonus both have models with this feature. There are many others in all price ranges.

OP
macanich

macanich

Thx for all the answers, ppl! Thought no one will respond so I just ordered Edifier R1000t4 later that evening.
Hopefully it was a good choice. Decided not to go for Presonus cause they were 30$ more expensive and I'm not really gonna need any of the features they have to offer. Edifier seemed compact enough to satisfy all my needs. They're gonna be used in smaller room and will probably be played on 30% of power most of the time.

Yeah, @daftcombo , was thinking about Edifier R1280t, but they were 40$ more expensive so decided to pass as well. Got a cheap condenser microphone (BM800) for years now, was never used properly since I didn't know whole story about interfaces/phantom power.. Will use those 40$ to get Behringer U Phoria UM2 rather.

@andreasmaaan z623 were the only speakers I've heard in person, out of those I listed.. And yeah, they didn't impress me, except really strong bass of which I am not a big fan nor listen to that kind of music often.

@SKBubba hmm, if i get rca to rca + rca to aux cabels, shouldn't that be enough to hook rca to rca on TV and rca to aux on PC? Missed opportunity to get usb dac that was on big sale week ago (https://www.oehlbach.com/de/mobile-equip/kopfhoererzubehoer/usb-bridge). Thought I'm not gonna need it for anything -.-

Last edited:
Top Bottom