• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Can a Qudelix 5k amp be plugged into a Tribit Stormbox speaker and drive it with the Qudelix equalizer.

bkjernisted

As well can I hook a transmitter up to the 3.5 mm port and play the speaker wirelessly?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Can a Qudelix 5k amp be plugged into a Tribit Stormbox speaker and drive it with the Qudelix equalizer.
Yes.

As well can I hook a transmitter up to the 3.5 mm port and play the speaker wirelessly?
I don't understand. You mean a transmitter like the Qudelix 5K?

OP
B

bkjernisted

The Qudelix 5 k receives music from bluetooth devices like phones for example. If you were to plug a transmitter into the 3.5 mm output could you not send music wirelessly to a bluetooth speaker. Here is a small transmitter/receiver...no LDAC though

Attachments

• 20220821_125013.jpg
    20220821_125013.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 76
OP
B

bkjernisted

So plugging a 3.5mm cable into the Qudelix 5k and into the speaker will not damage the Qudelix 5k?

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Qudelix 5 k receives music from bluetooth devices like phones for example. If you were to plug a transmitter into the 3.5 mm output could you not send music wirelessly to a bluetooth speaker. Here is a small transmitter/receiver...no LDAC though
Yeah that should work. Lots of conversions in that chain though, so audio fidelity might take a hit.

So plugging a 3.5mm cable into the Qudelix 5k and into the speaker will not damage the Qudelix 5k?
Definitely not.

OP
B

bkjernisted

Thanks for all your replies staticV3. I just received the Qudelix 5k last Thursday. This thread should hopefully help others as well.

OP
B

bkjernisted

staticv3, is there a way of using the qudelix5k chrome extension for pc on a tv, other than a wired hdmi connection?

Thanks
Brent

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Assuming you're TV runs Chrome and that it allows extensions to be installed, then you would have to plug the Q5K into the TV with USB. I guess this might work on a TV running Android.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks Berwhale. I will post if I get it working.

It appears that you cannot install addon on the Android version of Chrome, however, there are some other browsers based on Chromium (the open source project underpinning Chrome) that do allow the installation of Chrome addons...

I installed Kiwi Browser on my Huawei tablet and then installed the Qudelix addon, but it doesn't seem to work - I'm not particularly surprized as I doubt if it was designed or tested to work in this way.

You can also try installing the native Android Qudelix app on an Android TV. I'll try to find the time to test on one of my Nvidia Shields.

Last edited:
OP
B

bkjernisted

Berwhale, I just sent the info to my friend. If you go to google play on an android tv, does the addon say it will install on the tv. Thanks for your effort. I appreciate it.

Brent

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Berwhale, I just sent the info to my friend. If you go to google play on an android tv, does the addon say it will install on the tv. Thanks for your effort. I appreciate it.

Brent

I'm just waiting for my Shields to update (i'm still somewhat amazed that a device I purchase in 2015 is still receiving regular OS updates!).

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Qudelix app is not available on the Play Store on Android TV. If you can find the APK, you could try sideloading it, but I wouldn't hold out much hope for it working.

The Qudelix Chrome addon is not installable on Chrome for Android as i've already stated.

Top Bottom