• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buyers advice

Steuerbert

Hi fellas!
i just registered for this cuz im in need for advice.
I got a dt1990, and a FIIO e10K (DAC/Amp) and now i wanna upgrade.
Budget is about 300$, im not planning to get into balanced headphones in the near future. My current options are:

(AMPS)
- thx aaa 789

(Combo)
- schiit modi / heresy stack
- topping dx3 pro
- topping E30+L30

or is there even better options?
thanks to yall :)
btw hope the grammar isnt too bad

Last edited:

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Assuming you have made up your mind to get a DAC and HPA with the $300, these are very good options. If you are not including shipping and tax you could get a modius and heresy, but the Modi is fine. Schiit Hel is another option; the scratchy volume pot is harmless if a little annoying.

OP
S

Steuerbert

soo i went with the e30 + l30, gonna give my opinion on them soon! but thanks for your help!

Colmao

soo i went with the e30 + l30, gonna give my opinion on them soon! but thanks for your help!

so did you receive them? I am planning to buy these too and pair them with the hd600, so I am looking if we hear differences with or without them.

OP
S

Steuerbert

yeah i recieved them and its a great upgrade to my previous fiio e10k, in clarity, soundstage and also a bit subbass. also the mids arent as thin anymore! can recommend this stack!

Top Bottom