• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Burnt smell from speaker, but it’s still working fine. Should I be concerned?

OP
Q

Qbd

Why don’t you install bass-shakers instead. They work great for me an are quite silent
I already have, but it just isn’t the same!

45E1CDD7-641D-45EA-B7C6-CC4BFCBB8D08.jpeg

Hows your smellmory? Does any one area of the enclosure have the lingering smell you smelt?

I can’t detect the smell at all now inside the speaker.

YSC

Major Contributor
As such you could only keep using them and hope they survive longer before something really goes wrong.

Even with concert plugs I believe frequently exposing to such ground shaking SPL in bass isn’t a good idea for health, be it the inner ear balance sensors or potential tinnitus. I personally don’t go to those rock concerts solely because that level just makes me feel not good all around my body.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As such you could only keep using them and hope they survive longer before something really goes wrong.

Even with concert plugs I believe frequently exposing to such ground shaking SPL in bass isn’t a good idea for health, be it the inner ear balance sensors or potential tinnitus. I personally don’t go to those rock concerts solely because that level just makes me feel not good all around my body.
If you don't sacrifice your health and well-being, the gods of metal will never smile on you.

Top Bottom