• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Broke my right wrist, the good arm. Any ideas how long this breakage goes on?

Salt

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Recovery is mostly determined by motivation (or lack of it), and what could be more motivating than being able typing as fast as you can in this hornet nest type of forum
:cool:

Btw. progress is as was to be expected, fine.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Recovery is mostly determined by motivation (or lack of it), and what could be more motivating than being able typing as fast as you can in this hornet nest type of forum
:cool:

Btw. progress is as was to be expected, fine.
I was wiggling my fingers and flexing my hand for about the last 10 days so I've not been babying it too too much and I think that helped with the flexibility and deflection capability after the cast was removed. I can't say how pleased I am to not have that cast anymore. Very happy today. I am getting sharp pains with the cast off that they gave to me to take off and put on as I please. It feels like a sharp bee sting or a needle. It lasts for like 30 seconds at max and then dissipates.

Salt

Forum Donor
I was wiggling my fingers and flexing my hand for about the last 10 days so I've not been babying it too too much and I think that helped with the flexibility and deflection capability after the cast was removed. I can't say how pleased I am to not have that cast anymore. Very happy today. I am getting sharp pains with the cast off that they gave to me to take off and put on as I please. It feels like a sharp bee sting or a needle. It lasts for like 30 seconds at max and then dissipates.
Don't bother and go on this way, the stitches will pass soon.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't bother and go on this way, the stitches will pass soon.
They removed all super sticky tape stuck over the incision and removed the remnants of stitches this morning... what a relief... that was causing stiffness and sharp pain as the tape pulled out my hair....lol... could not tell if it was the screws and bone repair that hurt or if it was the stitches or what... It's a good day for me today... such a relief having it off.... I can type and slowly get my right arm back into shape and good flexibility... Must remember not to stick my arm out next time I fall or lose my balance

Salt

Forum Donor
Must remember not to stick my arm out next time I fall or lose my balance
Don't ever think about it ... You may give a skull's fracture and some teeth for it ...

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't ever think about it ... You may give a skull's fracture and some teeth for it ...
Well as was suggested I should study judo for the extensive "breaking falls" training that it provides. I did study judo for several years some time ago and usually I use a judo slap for breaking falls but this time around I did not for some reason. I need to analyze this in my mind and think of some way to get the instinctive judo slap in reliable operation. I've used meditation and seeing my actions in my mind repetitively and that has worked in the past to change behavior but this is very mission specific and important. I'm not sure I can rely on that method of revising my actions again. :D To return to studying judo at my age and physical ability would require extensive training and conditioning and I'm not sure I want to commit to that sort of responsibility.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They removed all super sticky tape stuck over the incision and removed the remnants of stitches this morning... what a relief... that was causing stiffness and sharp pain as the tape pulled out my hair....lol... could not tell if it was the screws and bone repair that hurt or if it was the stitches or what... It's a good day for me today... such a relief having it off.... I can type and slowly get my right arm back into shape and good flexibility... Must remember not to stick my arm out next time I fall or lose my balance
easier said that done-it's an innate reaction we have little control over. the only time I've seen anyone override this reaction is Moto GP riders who fall and pull their arms to their body and roll. THAT takes discipline.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
pffft... Real men only accept titanium replacement body parts!
Go back and demand titanium re-replacements:
...That said, there are people who still do have a reaction to surgical steel, especially if they are particularly sensitive to nickel and other allergens.
That said, the reality is that about 6-12 percent of the population is allergic to nickel.
Tell them you feel itchy.:cool:

Bleib

Major Contributor
pffft... Real men only accept titanium replacement body parts!
Go back and demand titanium re-replacements:

Tell them you feel itchy.:cool:
After my accident last year I asked for a Terminator 2 hand. They said they've ran out of them, should have had the accident happen earlier in the year..bummer!

Last edited:
Top Bottom