• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound Node slow / inacurate HDMI ARC + trigger out function on AppleTV

Miniyouuuu

I changed my budget AVR (Denon 800h) to a Amp + Streamer layout (Audiolab 9000 + Bluesound Node 130). I use an AppleTV 4k 2022 as audio & video source connected to a Samsung 2022 TV, HDMI ARC cable to Node and optical cable and 12v jack to Amp.

Previously, due to HDMI ARC functionality, I used to ask Siri to play music and instantly AppleTV turned ON, Samsung TV turned ON and AVR turned ON. 10 seconds of delay between my order and music playing on the speakers. It worked as expected. Same when I streamed through Airplay from my Iphone.

Now, AppleTV turns on TV, and TV ask Node to turn ON the Amp through 12v trigger out.

Sound improvement due to new layout is noticeable, but I lost some speed and responsiveness. Sometimes it works as it used to but 10/20 seconds later, and sometimes bluesound doesn’t activate the 12v trigger out and amp doesn’t turns on. And Airplay is even worst to wake up the amp.

Any advice to improve responsiveness?

zuker81

I'm planning on a similar set up @Miniyouuuu - did you ever come across a solution to the delays and overall unreliability?

OP
M

Miniyouuuu

Not so much. When you start AppleTv, Tv turns on but amp doesn’t turn on until any audio signal is received. Video signal only doesn’t turn amp on. Make sense, but sometimes you start choosing youtube or films channels without any audio so, after you push and press play, you’ll have 10sec delay until audio plays.

zuker81

Interesting, does audio include the noises that are generated when navigating through the Apple TV UI? Those can be toggled off but if left on I wonder if it counts as a trigger

DeruDog

Forum Donor
I changed my budget AVR (Denon 800h) to a Amp + Streamer layout (Audiolab 9000 + Bluesound Node 130). I use an AppleTV 4k 2022 as audio & video source connected to a Samsung 2022 TV, HDMI ARC cable to Node and optical cable and 12v jack to Amp.

Previously, due to HDMI ARC functionality, I used to ask Siri to play music and instantly AppleTV turned ON, Samsung TV turned ON and AVR turned ON. 10 seconds of delay between my order and music playing on the speakers. It worked as expected. Same when I streamed through Airplay from my Iphone.

Now, AppleTV turns on TV, and TV ask Node to turn ON the Amp through 12v trigger out.

Sound improvement due to new layout is noticeable, but I lost some speed and responsiveness. Sometimes it works as it used to but 10/20 seconds later, and sometimes bluesound doesn’t activate the 12v trigger out and amp doesn’t turns on. And Airplay is even worst to wake up the amp.

Any advice to improve responsiveness?
I have thoughts about a similar setup, but with the Bluesound Amp. Do you notice any lip-sync issues when watching the TV? I have seen complaints with bluesound and Sonos in this area.

OP
M

Miniyouuuu

Lipsync issues can be treated through AppleTv menu. You can set the delay using your iPhone. There is no manual setup, but works perfectly.

Top Bottom