• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bluesound Node - Bass control

CMessi

Hello,

I am oversensitive for bass below a certain Hz, due to a traumatized ear. Streamers with EQ and room correction are quite expensive.
I am aware of bass/treble tone controls in the Nodes app, but I am curious if I can roll off the bass below let's say 65 Hz with simulating like I have a subwoofer connected to the Node. I don't want a sub, but if I switch it on in the menu and set a crossover at 65 Hz, will that work like a high pass filter like in an equaliser? Bass tone control in the app is different from a high pass. That is why I ask. Thx.

On the Powernode 2i, setting the subwoofer to On in the BluOS App high-passes the Mains:

The same is true for, e.g, the WiiM Amp.

On the Powernode 2i, setting the subwoofer to On in the BluOS App high-passes the Mains:

The same is true for, e.g, the WiiM Amp.
Do you think it is the same as a high pass filter?

Back
Top Bottom