• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best microphone preamp to USB converter under US$500

OP
M

Music1969

Major Contributor
Thanks, I like learning new stuff

No worries, here is what they do over the normal mic that can be bought at Amazon:

1619796372328.png

OP
M

Music1969

Major Contributor
Focusrite Solo Gen3 is flatter in 20-100Hz (bass) range

Not a big deal but flatter in bass range is better, since correcting room bass issues is the main game lol

1619796646571.png

1619796732125.png

xyvyx

Forum Donor
And even Audient EVO 4 looks great.
Yup, I had (still have) an Evo4... worked great. Didn't really need it, but also had a Cloudlifter with my AudioTechnica BP40 mic. But it's a USB device and I just switched over to a new AMD 5950x-based computer which had some issues. Basically, when I woke the machine up for sleep-state, it'd disco the Audient box. Had to unplug/re-plug and fidget w/ the levels waaay too often. Before, on an Intel PC, the Audient was near flawless.

So I ditched that & got a Golden Age 73 jr and I run that into my existing RMI HDSPe card... (I use ADAT outs from that into ADI-2 Pro FS for headphones/pre-amp duty)

AMD has since released some fixes for USB connectivity. I'm not 100% certain that it fixes it, but it probably does.

narx

Yup, I had (still have) an Evo4... worked great. Didn't really need it, but also had a Cloudlifter with my AudioTechnica BP40 mic. But it's a USB device and I just switched over to a new AMD 5950x-based computer which had some issues. Basically, when I woke the machine up for sleep-state, it'd disco the Audient box. Had to unplug/re-plug and fidget w/ the levels waaay too often. Before, on an Intel PC, the Audient was near flawless.

So I ditched that & got a Golden Age 73 jr and I run that into my existing RMI HDSPe card... (I use ADAT outs from that into ADI-2 Pro FS for headphones/pre-amp duty)

AMD has since released some fixes for USB connectivity. I'm not 100% certain that it fixes it, but it probably does.

https://bandzoogle.com/blog/20-ways-to-optimize-your-windows-10-pc-for-music-production
Totally off topic, but 3 and 4 may be relevant to the issue you had with the Evo4.

Top Bottom