• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best bluetooth headphones currently available

nicecans420

Looking for the best bluetooth cans. Seems like Focal bathys, B&0 beoplay h95, B&W px8, and mark Levinson 5909 are the top contenders. Are they worth the extra $ compared to those in the 300-600$ range. What ones do you guys think are the best?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I've got the B&W PX7 Carbon and the Bose Quietcomfort II 35 and 45 and it's really down to features at this price range. The B&W has the auto on/off when you put them on or take them off, and also 10 minutes charging gets six hours of playtime which is priceless if you're in a hurry. Don't see how you could go wrong with the PX8. My wired cans are the Hifiman HE6se, and really happy with the sound of the PX7 when the landscapers roll up for a day of leaflblowing.
The law of diminishing returns gets pretty brutal over 300-400 bucks. I had the Hifiman Arya, and it was just not worth that much more than the HE6SE in any way. I still just travel with a $60 Anker Life Q30 which sounds really nice with the flat EQ profile. Noise cancelling on it works really well, and I don't stress about breaking or losing a $60 pair, so I use them a lot.

Vacceo

Major Contributor
It'd be interesting to also include Bluetooth adapters too, at least for information's sake.

OP
N

nicecans420

I've got the B&W PX7 Carbon and the Bose Quietcomfort II 35 and 45 and it's really down to features at this price range. The B&W has the auto on/off when you put them on or take them off, and also 10 minutes charging gets six hours of playtime which is priceless if you're in a hurry. Don't see how you could go wrong with the PX8. My wired cans are the Hifiman HE6se, and really happy with the sound of the PX7 when the landscapers roll up for a day of leaflblowing.
The law of diminishing returns gets pretty brutal over 300-400 bucks. I had the Hifiman Arya, and it was just not worth that much more than the HE6SE in any way. I still just travel with a $60 Anker Life Q30 which sounds really nice with the flat EQ profile. Noise cancelling on it works really well, and I don't stress about breaking or losing a $60 pair, so I use them a lot.
Awesome thanks. Just ordered the px8, we’ll see how they are. Do you think it’s worth it to get a pair of wired cans around 400$ range on top of the px8? Pretty new to all of this

ninetylol

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Depends on if you need anc or not. Theres also JBL BT 710 for as low as 50 bucks or stuff like Hifiman Deva (Pro), Ananda BT and others. If you need good anc theres only a handful of choices.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Awesome thanks. Just ordered the px8, we’ll see how they are
See here:

OP
N

nicecans420

I
See here:

Saw this before I bought them but I figure I’m gonna have try a couple different ones out. What would be your recommendation for the best closed back Bluetooth as I’m pretty new to all of this.

Moonhead

It really depends where you think your preference lie, somewhat neutral like Bose or bass boost like Sony and how well NC works.

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
What ones do you guys think are the best?

Notions of "the best", particularly for such headphones, are in my opinion not a useful approach to find the one you'll prefer (as an illustration of that I'd take quite a few other cheaper headphones over the ones you've listed). Simply in terms of operational qualities / design / comfort, there are too many variables at play. What matters is to find "the best... for you". You can eliminate some of the worst ones based on measurements (that said, analysing the FR of ANC headphones is quite a good deal trickier than a pair of passive open back dynamics), but beyond that it's better that you try them for yourself.

If you live near a few audio stores, or in a place where you can enjoy a decent return policy, better then to try a few pairs.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Awesome thanks. Just ordered the px8, we’ll see how they are. Do you think it’s worth it to get a pair of wired cans around 400$ range on top of the px8? Pretty new to all of this
I'd wait because with my PX7 Carbon, if it was my only headphones I'd be really happy with them full time. The quick charge helps, since you're not waiting long to charge them. Just put the money into buying flac songs instead of more hardware. Upgrading the music collection with the PX8 is going to be a ton of fun. If you have a 2.4/5ghz WIFI network, put as many devices on the 5ghz band (especially the phone) for smooth playback since bluetooth uses 2.4ghz. They make affordable 5ghz mice and keyboards too, if needed to keep 2.4ghz clear.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It'd be interesting to also include Bluetooth adapters too, at least for information's sake.

You can buy any wired BT headphones and re-solder them to fit any wired headphones :)

D41E302E-B8D4-4660-BF7E-C4CEA6AAD78D.jpeg

Adaboy4z

I have a pair of Bose Sound link that I use for the gym and working around the house at times. They have held up over the years and are not very expensive. I know many people hate Bose, but they where a gift.

Top Bottom