• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bargain DAC Suggestions?

ManglerFi

Welcome to the forum!

I have not ordered one but would love to test it. Please PM me if interested and I can provide my mailing address. I think it is an interesting product to test and benchmark.

Thanks! It's definitely a featured packed little box, would be nice to see how well it actually performs.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks! It's definitely a featured packed little box, would be nice to see how well it actually performs.

Yes! I am curious to see it compared against the Topping DX7/s which is about the same price.

punkriot

Roon Ready is for network player. Room tested DAC is different category, it means "
Roon Tested devices from our partners have been profiled and tested by both Roon Labs and the device manufacturer for maximum compatibility.". Bit of marketing, you have a nice icon in Roon app, and full support if the device is not working as expected with Roon. So not that important, but still, you have a logo on the box.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Those are pretty cheap. I recently ordered a $9 or something like that DAC from ebay. It is somewhere in my pile. :)

I have never ordered anything from banggood. Is it safe? Do you have recourse if stuff doesn't show up and such?

captain paranoia

Banggood has been safe for me. I have never had stuff not turn up, but they did replace something that was described incorrectly. I've found them to be genuinely trying to do good business.

PurpaSmart

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm curious on how smsl 793ii measures, since I have one, I also want to know how audio gd nfb 11.28 measures

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I'm curious on how smsl 793ii measures, since I have one, I also want to know how audio gd nfb 11.28 measures
I have an audio-gd 27.38 on loan for review. Should be able to get that data out in the next week or two.

I will keep the SMSL 793ii in mind. Right now I have a ton of gear that I have either bought or been loaned to that I need review. :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Oh wait, I didn't realize you are in our state. If you are close to Seattle area and want to drop by my home to measure your DAC, we can do that. Just start a "conversation" with me and let me know if you are interested.

ash

has anyone suggested the Massdrop x Grace Design SDAC?
on the under $100 category you should consider the Syba Sonic SD-DAC63057 and the Syba Usb DSD DAC (i believe this one could be the same as the micca origen)

also the emotiva little and big ego DACs need to be measured

PurpaSmart

Oh wait, I didn't realize you are in our state. If you are close to Seattle area and want to drop by my home to measure your DAC, we can do that. Just start a "conversation" with me and let me know if you are interested.
Unfortunately I currently do not have a car, lol, but I could ship it to you, I mean the shipping shouldn't cost that much since I live in Kent

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Unfortunately I currently do not have a car, lol, but I could ship it to you, I mean the shipping shouldn't cost that much since I live in Kent
In that case, if you throw it hard enough it may land in our backyard. :D

Please "start a conversation" with me and I can provide the shipping address. Hopefully it won't cost too much to send it back and forth relative to what it costs ($69).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
also the emotiva little and big ego DACs need to be measured
Big Ego seems very nice. A bit pricey though. How popular is it?
Same question for Little Ego.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

ash

Big Ego seems very nice. A bit pricey though. How popular is it?
Same question for Little Ego.
the Big Ego seems to be more popular but IIRC in a podcast the guys from Emotiva said both have the same DAC performance the difference is that the Big Ego in addition to the headphone output, it has a fixed line out and Toslink out

Top Bottom