• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Børrensen Z2

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have the opportunity to purchase a pair of these, lightly used and very heavily discounted.

8" woofer, they're not very big, flat top thus Atmos speaker friendly, seems ok...

Any insights? High end snake oil or genuinely good speakers? I can't find any measurements whatsoever. Impressions are very divided on their other speakers.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Do any kind of measurements exist?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They certainly budgeted for the interesting cabinet and drivers. I like the look if that means anything. :D

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
They certainly budgeted for the interesting cabinet and drivers. I like the look if that means anything. :D
They are nice looking. But obviously pitched as "high end", which makes my spidey-sense tingle. Especially given the lack of measurements.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
They are nice looking. But obviously pitched as "high end", which makes my spidey-sense tingle. Especially given the lack of measurements.
Yes, I am hesitant as well based on that stuff. 5 year warranty is not bad but I think a 10 year warranty can be done on good speakers. KEF used to be lifetime on Reference Series and 10 years on the C series. I was selling KEF at the time and that 10 year warranty closed a ton of deals for me.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
High end snake oil or genuinely good speakers? I
High end snake oil, for sure. A brand that charges additional 6k€ for cryogenize their speakers is an option to avoid.

My two cents: heard the Z3 once and they just sounded awful, regardless of the price...

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
High end snake oil, for sure. A brand that charges additional 6k€ for cryogenize their speakers is an option to avoid.

My two cents: heard the Z3 once and they just sounded awful, regardless of the price...
You don't think they're just chilling? :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Interesting... and you have such a diverse range of audio gear that you experience. Does Paris have a big Hi-Fi audio scene?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe they would be good fixer-uppers. They are nice cabinets.

OP
symphara

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have no problem with the "high end" stuff. Seems to work fine for cars, hotels, graphics cards etc. ;) Magico seems well respected for sure.

But I don't know about these Z2s.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have no problem with the "high end" stuff. Seems to work fine for cars, hotels, graphics cards etc. ;) Magico seems well respected for sure.

But I don't know about these Z2s.
Magico is an outlier, as far as I'm concerned. As for the rest...well, opinions vary.

Top Bottom