• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA: Ilies Sound

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A3162.jpg

093A3163.jpg

093A3164.jpg

Flat, architectural speakers.

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
Had a hard time finding these guys until I noticed the "i" in the sign to right of pic.
http://www.iliessound.com/store/orion-1
Something about no crossover used at all with mids + 2 tweeters...and even the sub?
I find it difficult to believe they would run drivers with no XO, including a ribbon tweeter.
Prank?

iridium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Pretty sure not a prank. They said it was a new product. Lots of crimes are committed in the architectural sound department to keep speakers thin and such.

Honesty: they do call their company LIES; another company SHIT; or something close to that.

iridium.

AJ Soundfield

Major Contributor
Pretty sure not a prank. They said it was a new product. Lots of crimes are committed in the architectural sound department to keep speakers thin and such.
Well a cap doesn't take much room. I still find it difficult to believe they use none on the tweeters, especially those planar ribbons which I'm familiar with. They do state the sub goes "up to 1500hz", so maybe they really are running all those drivers without filters. Crazy stuff, but good luck to them.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Not using a crossover is a marketing benefit that is touted. Totem does that and they have made a name for themselves in custom world. I suspect they thought that benefit outweighs audible degradations. And likely to their ears it just sounded fine :).

Top Bottom