• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AVR using preouts + internal amplification

OP
F
AV-Vollverstaerker-Yamaha-DSP-Z-7.jpg

-60 dB of H2 and -70 dB of H3 at 1 V is serviceable though not very much to write home about. No idea why distortion is relatively high, 1970s integrated amps could already do better than that.
The 90 dB of SNR in ProLogic (down from 100 dB all-analog) isn't exactly super hot either.

Could you explain how you derive these values from that graph on which I see no legend? I followed your link but I can’t find the explanation or the conditions of the test: was it conducted with a standard 1 kHz tone? Was the AVR in pure direct or not? Audioholics found a very different result as you can see in my previous post, so I am confused.

Could someone explain to me how to calculate the SINAD from Audioholics measurements?

Top Bottom