• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Austrian Audio Hi-X65 open-back announced

paudio

Haven't heard the X65 but would like to. I don't use open back cans at all because I prefer isolation. I haven't had any issues with my X60 headband.

bkdc

Forum Donor

The headband issue is described on the Head-fi thread. Even knowing this could happen I’d still buy again because i’m very happy with the sound quality. It’s a very technical phone. Best headphone I’ve ever heard under 500 bucks. And extremely comfortable. Austrian audio is aware of the issue but it’s unknown whether it’s already been remedied.

Last edited:

paudio

The headband issue is described on the Head-fi thread. Even knowing this could happen I’d still buy again because i’m very happy with the sound quality. It’s a very technical phone. Best headphone I’ve ever heard under 500 bucks. And extremely comfortable. Austrian audio is aware of the issue but it’s unknown whether it’s already been remedied.
Have had my X60 for about a year now and there is no noticeable cracks at the same points. The pictures on head-fi suggest to me that the headband mechanism wasn't bottoming out inside the mechanism and instead being limited at where the cracks were forming. This isn't the case with my set.

Top Bottom