• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audyssey XT32 vs. Active Crossover?

SuicideSquid

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Question for you folks about how best to optimize room-correction in my new space.

My front three speakers - Totem Forests and a speaker I built myself based on the Totem Signature One with the same drivers as the Forest acting as centre channel - are running from a Denon X4700H receiver, out to a Dayton DSP-408 active crossover, to a 6-channel Buckeye Hypex NC252 amplifier.

Does it make more sense for me to set the crossover (~2.5kHz 24dB rolloff tweeter attenuated -10dB below woofer) and not worry about EQ on the DSP-408, and then let Audyssey do its thing and customize the Audyssey curve using the app?

Or would it make more sense not to run Audyssey, and instead use REW and the EQ in the Dayton DSP-408?

I'm leaning toward lust leaving the DSP-408 flat and letting Audyssey/the Denon apply the EQ curve to the speakers since it will do the same for the rear/overhead speakers that aren't running through an active crossover, but would there be any disadvantage to doing it this way (other than if I put the Denon in direct mode I lose room correction EQ?)

Thanks!

Top Bottom