• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audia Flight 3s - Advice please

Slashsmil

Greetings,

First post, have been lurking for some time.

I have been looking at integrated amplifiers for a while. I currently have an arcam A19 that I will be upgrading. An acquaintance had this amp at his house playing I believe a pair of focal speakers. Sounded excellent. This amp is up for sale at approximately half priced used. My current speakers are Nola Boxer 2's - 90db, 8 ohms.

It is super hard to find any measurements for amplifiers, but I did come across this article which seems to give fairly detailed measurements. Overall the amplifier seems to measure quite well although I am wondering if the increased THD is intentional coloration given how well it measures otherwise. Here is the link to the PDF article....

https://absolutehiend.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/HiFiAFFL3S.pdf

Unfortunately I do not have an opportunity to demo with my speakers, and the above acquaintance lives in another city. For those here more facile
at interpreting measurements I would very much appreciate an opinion. Again the amp sounded great when I listened to it, not too warm or coloured from what I could recall, but there were a few scotches poured that night...

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Attachments

• Audia Flight Three S - Stereo mag.png
    Audia Flight Three S - Stereo mag.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 201

tomtoo

Major Contributor
0.2%thd at 5w that would be even for a cheap chipamp poor.
Edit says: Sry its 0.14% but that changes not much.

Last edited:
OP
S

Slashsmil

Thank you very much for the responses. I thought those readings looked quite out of place.

This forum is extremely helpful in cutting through the audio file speak.... If you read the entire review prior to the measurements the reviewer "went limp in his chair" at the quality of the sound.

Top Bottom