• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are there any discutions on over engineering in audio?

Goodman

Some speaker companies have invested millions in equipment while others deal with their local cabinet makers. End product results dont seem all that different.

TimF

Forum Donor
It is easy to spend money.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Some speaker companies have invested millions in equipment while others deal with their local cabinet makers. End product results dont seem all that different.
Your point is well taken - some speakers seem to have been designed with nothing beyond REW, if that.

Exhibit "A"

720VoRazzfig3.jpg

alex-z

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A million dollars in equipment isn't a big deal to a big name company which is spending millions per year on employees, marketing, and logistics.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
A million dollars in equipment isn't a big deal to a big name company which is spending millions per year on employees, marketing, and logistics.
There aren't that many audio companies which are at that rarefied level, but if you know of one, let me know who it is so I can send them my CV. :D

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Anybody can design a port with one resonance, but to design a port with four resonances and one anti-resonance takes real talent! ;)
I'm amazed to see these reviewed in Stereophile and taken seriously. Astonishing. :facepalm:

Top Bottom