• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple Music shifty shuffle

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My Apple Music on iPhone 13 Pro won't shuffle songs in my library any longer - just shows 'not playing'.
I can use my 'radio station' to get to a similar end (random play of songs), but that seems to play some tracks more than others.
Anyone else noticed this?

sonitus mirus

Apple Music recently added an option to filter by Favorited/Loved songs. Perhaps you have not marked any songs as such, and the filter is on? Just a guess. I am not experiencing this on my iPads or my iPhone 14 Pro.

OP
B

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Apple Music recently added an option to filter by Favorited/Loved songs. Perhaps you have not marked any songs as such, and the filter is on? Just a guess. I am not experiencing this on my iPads or my iPhone 14 Pro.
Thanks for this.
I checked what you suggested. The filter is off - you're right, if it had been on, there wouldn't be any songs to play because I don't like or favourite any.
Using my 'personal radio station' gets round it but I seem to get quite few repeats of songs. I liked shuffle because it played a wider selection (that's my impression, anyway).
Cheers.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for this.
I checked what you suggested. The filter is off - you're right, if it had been on, there wouldn't be any songs to play because I don't like or favourite any.
Using my 'personal radio station' gets round it but I seem to get quite few repeats of songs. I liked shuffle because it played a wider selection (that's my impression, anyway).
Cheers.
I've noticed that my personal station plays same songs quite frequently even with shuffle being on. Its been a nagging issue with Apple Music going on for a while for me at least and I've not really addressed it but good to see I'm not the only one that's noticing this.

Top Bottom