• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Streaming Service Shuffle

AudioSQ

I do not enjoy the shuffle option on Spotify. It seems to pick from the same pool of songs on my playlist instead of all of them. Some songs seem to get picked every single time I listen to a list while others I forget are even on the playlist.

Is there a streaming service with a better Shuffle? One that would play each song once before repeating or at least weigh all the songs the same and pick them at random?

BinkieHuckerback

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I do not enjoy the shuffle option on Spotify. It seems to pick from the same pool of songs on my playlist instead of all of them. Some songs seem to get picked every single time I listen to a list while others I forget are even on the playlist.

Is there a streaming service with a better Shuffle? One that would play each song once before repeating or at least weigh all the songs the same and pick them at random?
Apple Music used to shuffle my library of songs well - but it no longer allows me to shuffle them at all. I don't know why. It just stopped doing it.
Instead I have to play 'My Radio Station'. And that seems to me to keep picking tracks that have been played; it doesn't seem as random as the Shuffle Songs option used to.
I don't make playlists or 'like' or 'dislike' any songs. I don't know how big the library is. It works, but not as well as shuffle used to.
I think my Amazon HD library of songs are shuffled better - I don't notice the repeats as I do on Apple.

napfkuchen

OP
AudioSQ

AudioSQ

I saw that in my Googling, but have my doubts that that will fix the issue. According to the definition from Spotify I'm not sure that feature applies to my personal playlist. "on select Spotify playlist".

1000002344.jpg

OP
AudioSQ

AudioSQ

I found a website by Steven Aleong that will reshuffle your playlist order (not to be confused with playing your current playlist order at equal weighted random) that for the most part solves my issue.
I think it should be built in though, having to login through another website whenever I want to shuffle the list is a hassle I shouldn't have to do.

I'd still prefer to switch to a service that has this simple feature built in. I think it might be available via Deezer.. I might have to try them out.

Top Bottom