• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple Music casting via “Android Casting” vs Chromecasting from within Apple Music app

fquails

I’ve been playing with Apple Music in my Android based Fiio M11 ESS Plus. When I Chromecast to a Wiim Pro from within the Apple Music app, the “lossles” label for the song being played disappears, and my external DAC shows 46hz.

However, when I cast Apple Music using “Android Audio Cast” from the Android settings (not from the Apple Music app), the “lossless” label for the song being played stays, amd my DAC shows 48hz.

Does this mean Apple Music is cast losslessly to the Wiim Pro when casting via “Android Audio Cast”? But is cast in lossy format when Chromecasted to the Wiim Pro from within the Apple Music app?

Top Bottom