• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon music/ Alexa- a test please

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Very odd occurences. My preferred method of playing music is to ask an Alexa device to "Alexa-shuffle my Amazon music" which has until recently given a good shuffle across my whole (70k+ tracks/ 7k albums) amazon music library. (Usually this is on a Wiim mini by the way- not actually played through an Echo speaker or the like)

Tonight- it seems to want to only provide a shuffle of tracks by (mainly) one artist. This seems to apply regardless of which Alexa enabled device I play on/ command.

Can anyone else with a decent sized Amazon Music library and an alexa device do a quick test to see what that command drags up- even better if you have a device that will show you the play queue to see how "good" a shuffle it gives?

I can only imagine either the Amazon servers are having issues or someone has goosed the underlying algorithms behind the commands.

EDIT/ UPDATE not 10 minutes later - seems to be fixed. See if anyone replies with similar issues then will request thread closure tomorrow.

EDIT 2- Nope, broken again.

Last edited:
OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Li'l bump on this as it is still making a play queue made up mostly of one artist (or possibly 3 or 4 albums). Be interested what any other members get from this Alexa command at the minute

OP
Jimbob54

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Issue seemed to resolve itself for a few days but last night was back to this BS again, playing the same very limited selection (mostly from 2 or 3 durutti column records).

Can anyone else test this?

Top Bottom