• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any objective testing on the Fiio Q3 THX AAA DAC/Amp?

Lpd2

Just ordered this for my laptop, which has only two connections both usb-c. Wondering about objective measurements on this unit. Could not find any online. A couple of reviewers said it has audible hiss with sensitive iems. I will be driving Focal Elegia.

lofiguy

also wondering. i haven't ordered one yet though. I note that the monolith portable AAA amp also was reported as having hiss, here on ASR.

Surprised not to find BTR5 review here either.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lpd2

also wondering. i haven't ordered one yet though. I note that the monolith portable AAA amp also was reported as having hiss, here on ASR.

Surprised not to find BTR5 review here either.
I returned btr5 but am loving this Q3 thx amp with the Elegia. Fits in the HP case without anything pressuring anything else. Convenient puffy neoprene mesh pouch comes with the fiio. Directional usbc cable and lightning to usbc included. Waiting on a pentacon cable from etsy but I only got that bc two of my other headphones have same connections. SE is plenty power for the Focals. First "thx aaa" I've heard. I like it.

Stilgar

I am testing fiio q3 mqa with elegia these days, they are good match but not wow effect. q3's tuning elevated mids and elegia got elevated mids result is some songs too mif forwarding :) but the bass boost switch works perfectly for 70's , 80's era classic rock songs.

Top Bottom