• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
2 wheels or 4, pus case automatics are for little girls and very old men.

After one Harley Softail Standard, five Harley Electra Glides, , a 1967 ElectraGlide Police, four BMW K1600 and one Tiger 1200 now on the Swiss army knife of the bike world
Great for the race track, a torture device for the street.
chinese-punishment-of-the-rack-19th-century.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

Chr1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Reckon motorcycles are like speakers...
You can't have too many really.

KMM

You guys got me all wrong...... I do have one motorcycle right now, the 10+ is total number of of bikes I have owned so far. I have way more hifi setups than bikes right now.

steve59

Major Contributor
I bought the 1290 sas because my buddies were starting to explore gravel and trails 100+ miles from home. Initially it was an underwhelming purchase, but once I burned thru the 90/10's and put a pair of 50/50's on it I got addicted to gravel and trail riding. An unadvertised bonus is going down on the dirt is much gentler than pavement. 450 mile days with half of it off road is a good day. downside would be getting caught in the pouring rain with 50/50's on pavement traction is also 50/50.

Chr1

Forum Donor
Let's see...

2002 Yamaha YZF-R1
2009 Triumph Street Triple R
2012 BMW F800ST
1999 Suzuki GS500E (x3)

So I am at six currently.
The R1 needs an alternator/rotor and one of the Suzukis has a mysterious intermittent misfire/electrical fault (which has eluded me and pissed me off to the point of relegation to my girlfriends back yard.)
So not all currently road worthy.

Think I have had 11 others.
Either crashed, sold or otherwise expired and/or retired.

Only ever owned one car: A 1971 Ford Torino back when I was 21. (Would have to sell some bikes to fuel it nowadays. Fun at the time tho.)

As previously mentioned : It seems harsh having to limit oneself to one pair of wheels/speakers only!

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Only ever owned one car: A 1971 Ford Torino back when I was 21. (Would have to sell some bikes to fuel it nowadays. Fun at the time tho.)
So you go everywhere by motorcycle, year around?

Chr1

Forum Donor
Aye, indeed. I live in the city centre so traffic is really bad. Edinburgh has the worst traffic in the UK apparently. This makes bikes the only sensible option really. Keep a wee Suzuki GS500 outside my flat. The rest in a lockup a couple of miles away. Will confess to opting for the bus to my girlfriends across town if there's snow but otherwise enjoy sensible lane splitting through the gridlocked traffic.

bothu

My old YAMAHA XTZ 750 (Super Teneré) from 1989.

I bought it new and the picture is from the last day i had it. I sold it 2020.
I think it is still in use.

The longest trip I did alone was from Sweden to Italy. Totally about 2400 miles

MC.jpg

Bo Thunér from Sweden

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Aye, indeed. I live in the city centre so traffic is really bad. Edinburgh has the worst traffic in the UK apparently.
Heck that ain't traffic, try riding intercity Chicago as I did for 60+years, or Orlando Fl (tourist capital of the world) as I do now. o_O
Half the cage drivers are 80+ years old with vision and hearing issues, and the other half are tourists rubber necking everything around them trying to find Mickey Mouse. ROTF ;)

Prana Ferox

Heck that ain't traffic, try riding intercity Chicago as I did for 60+years, or Orlando Fl (tourist capital of the world) as I do now. o_O
Half the cage drivers are 80+ years old with vision and hearing issues, and the other half are tourists rubber necking everything around them trying to find Mickey Mouse. ROTF ;)
This was part of how I ended up buying a supermoto. When the road traffic gets bad you just ride on the sidewalk.

Chr1

Forum Donor
Yes, I had a supermoto when I lived in London in the late 80s. Remember using the sidewalk on a few occasions. Fun.
Definitely scared of the super elderly car driver for sure. Here in the UK once you have your licence, that's it: No retest, eye test. Nothing. You could go blind and still be driving at 110. It's crazy. I was almost taken out recently by a car drifting aimlessly into my lane. When I pulled up to give the driver an earful, I didn't bother as it was aparent she was barely conscious and appeared virtually blind. I just pulled off in disgust and put it down to another lucky escape.
Think the main issue with traffic here is that unlike in the US, a lot of our cities are hundreds of years old and lots of the roads are narrow and were originally made for horse and cart!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Think the main issue with traffic here is that unlike in the US, a lot of our cities are hundreds of years old and lots of the roads are narrow and were originally made for horse and cart
Oh for sure, I was just poking some humor in.

It is the conscious and unconscious awareness of the dangers involved that keep us adrenaline junkies doing what we do. LOL

Chr1

Forum Donor
Howsabout your favourite road trips?
Could start a thread for pics and info.

Here's one of mine I posted on another thread.

Epic Road Trips

Bob from Florida

Major Contributor
Bike week just started at Daytona - weather was nice yesterday, so I took a scenic route to the speedway. Took a few photos - first one has my blue Wing in it. Walked around awhile and enjoyed the "freak show" a bit.
IMG_2058.jpeg
IMG_2059.jpeg
IMG_2060.jpeg
IMG_2061.jpeg
IMG_2062.jpeg
IMG_2063.jpeg
IMG_2064.jpeg

Sokel

Master Contributor
Reckon motorcycles are like speakers...
You can't have too many really.
Sure you can,all I have kept is my two-stroke YZ490,I'll put in my will to bury me with it,there's only five or seven things in life that gives me so much fun when I get the chance to be in an non-urban area.
1709466361732.jpeg

(that's not mine,mine is 1989 model)

Edit:Better pic

Last edited:
Top Bottom