• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any measurements on the RME ADI-2 Pro FS ?

Wazzupi

I'm interested in buying one of these dacs the fs and or fs pro what's the difference and I didn't see any impressions on it.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
There's been some measurements posted. If there's anything additional you'd like to see, let me know, I have one on hand.

OP
W

Wazzupi

There's been some measurements posted. If there's anything additional you'd like to see, let me know, I have one on hand.
Well I just wanted to know how it stacks up against it's cheaper version and if it's worth the price difference

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
The cheaper one doesn't have an ADC. So if you just want a DAC, then go for the cheaper unit.

Willem

Major Contributor
The Pro also does AD conversion. Ok we posted almost simulateously. That is indeed the difference.

OP
W

Wazzupi

As far as eq and other functions it's the same ?

Willem

Major Contributor
There may be minor differences, and for that you would have to look at the manuals, but I don't think there is anything particularly important. It is not as if the non-pro version is somehow the budget version. It is cheaper because it serves a different purpose.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There may be minor differences, and for that you would have to look at the manuals, but I don't think there is anything particularly important. It is not as if the non-pro version is somehow the budget version. It is cheaper because it serves a different purpose.

IIRC the non pro DAC might have measured marginally better than the pro.

Willem

Major Contributor
I think that was a difference because one model had been upgraded already and the other not yet. Anyway, both measure extremely well and better than you and I can hear.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think that was a difference because one model had been upgraded already and the other not yet. Anyway, both measure extremely well and better than you and I can hear.
Yup!

ZgSTar

Silly question perhaps, could one connect a analog source and use this as a pre? I am deciding between the non pro version plus a pre like schiit freya or this. My goal is to have a turntable in the setup without adding another component (other than the phono stage of course). I won't be using the adc for recording... Probably ever.
I know it would be not worth the additional cost but how nice...

Willem

Major Contributor
You could use a project ebox phono optical. That is what I do and it works very well.

ZgSTar

You could use a project ebox phono optical. That is what I do and it works very well.

I have seen it but wasn't sure about its quality. This could be a great solution but the last phono stage from project I tested a few years ago was terrible. I will search for some reviews. Tnx

Willem

Major Contributor
I have never seen measurements of this unit but various Project pre amps have measured fairly well. And after all, vinyl is so technically challenged with high distortion and noise that, honestly, it does not matter too much. For me this is just a way to play a legacy format.

Top Bottom