• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any chance of reviewing the Outlaw Audio RR2160?

ganon

I’ve been looking into this one for a long time. Now that I’ve decided to get it, it’s become out of stock. I ended up getting the X3600H for all-in-one and ”affordable” audio quality after seeing the measurements here. I’m still deciding whether to return it or not, while I can, and get the RR2160 instead. It’s gone up in price a bit the past couple of years, actually. I also like that it has good FM radio specs and HD Radio also, even though that’s very old school. The X3600H can’t pick up a station I normally listen to. I originally wanted just a stereo system so the X3600H is a bit overkill for now. Maybe I’ll dabble into home theater setup now that I have this. Would be nice to see a review of the RR2160 though. I appreciate all the information on this site and all the work that’s been done so far. Thank you.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You can hang on the the X3600h and quite possibly sell it gently used for what you paid...
...kinda different animals though. AVR with time-based room correction versus stereo unit with nice bass management but no room correction.

OP
G

ganon

Thanks. I think I’ll hang on to it for a while as you suggested. I’m kinda liking some of the features it has the more I dig in to it. Crazy how it came to this when just wanting a simple stereo with great sound quality. Thank you for your reply.

Top Bottom