• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anthem ARC

DaveN

I’m thinking of replacing my Yamaha AVR with an Anthem MRX 1140. Out of curiosity is the Anthem Room Correction (ARC) better than setting the speaker distances and then using a decent SPL meter ( I did this with my Yamaha).
Any opinions please?

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I’m thinking of replacing my Yamaha AVR with an Anthem MRX 1140. Out of curiosity is the Anthem Room Correction (ARC) better than setting the speaker distances and then using a decent SPL meter ( I did this with my Yamaha).
Any opinions please?
Yes. I have MRX 520. Only room correction I have deployed that simply works. I will upgrade to 740 or 1140. You will not regret purchase. Also, Anthem supports their products. I have owned all the major Japanese brands. I'm not going back.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
+1 I have the mrx1140 and love it. Arc Genesis is fantastic and the latest iteration sets speaker delay and phase as well as setting your own curve adjustments and different calibrations settings if you want one for group movie watching and one for personal listening. Also the flexibility of the interface is excellent. I can create virtual inputs so I can use the same device and give it different settings if I am watching a movie our listening to music. Highly recommend it.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Any opinions please?
I don't know, but that's probably among the least important jobs of room correction.

I've used YPAO (not the latest version, but their top-at-the-time version in the giant 5100 immersive AVP) and ARC from v1 through Genesis. ARC performs the core task of room correction through the upper bass/lower mids better and is more flexible.

Top Bottom