• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amp upgrade: Roksan k3 or Rega elicit r

TheMadcap

I am using exposure 2010 right now and I want to upgrade it. These two took my attention and listed for the same price in my local market, about 1100$.

My speakers are ls50 and monitor audio gold 100, I use them in rotation. Smsl sanksrit 10 mkii as the dac, and raspi 4 as the source.

I feel like Roksan because it has more power, and lower thd.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
All Rega products carry a Lifetime Limited Warranty in the UK! Are you in the UK?

Canadian warranty is 3 years give or take.

The USA warranty for Rega is unknown.

Rocksan warranty is apparently 5 years for most gear.

OP
T

TheMadcap

All Rega products carry a Lifetime Limited Warranty in the UK! Are you in the UK?

Canadian warranty is 3 years give or take.

The USA warranty for Rega is unknown.

Rocksan warranty is apparently 5 years for most gear.
I'm from Turkey.

OP
T

TheMadcap

Apparently someone else wants to buy rega so i need to decide in an hour. Do we have any further opinion about these two?

pickyAudiophile

Roksan (we're talking about power amps, aren't we?) K3 has a nasty auto-power-off feature built in which won't allow you to keep it powered on at low volume listening level sessions. It powers off way too early that means it's just not sensitive enough to detect low level signal input. That's why I did not buy it after performing some tests with it. There is not so much choice within that tight price limit.

OP
T

TheMadcap

Roksan (we're talking about power amps, aren't we?) K3 has a nasty auto-power-off feature built in which won't allow you to keep it powered on at low volume listening level sessions. It powers off way too early that means it's just not sensitive enough to detect low level signal input. That's why I did not buy it after performing some tests with it. There is not so much choice within that tight price limit.
It was K3 integrated amp actually. I bought the Rega elicit R.

Top Bottom