• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Continued

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Have you heard them? Have you seen any measurements on these? I think with the modelar concept, it is possible to choose a combination suited for smaller rooms. What open baffle is concerned, there are either the smaller ones from Spatial audio, like here https://www.spatialaudiolab.com/qseries for example, or these from PureAduioProject: https://pureaudioproject.com/duet15-prelude-open-baffle-speakers/. In any case interesting concept.
I have a pair of trio 15 TB.

One big problem they have (which might be better dealt with in newer versions) is panel vibrations. They do need bass support under 50 hz. The off axis null in bass makes them easier to place than other speakers, but you need to be 3’ from the wall.

There are several versions of Center panel for different types of mid/hi drivers.

I think you could make a better pair using sb drivers (as Joseph Crowe demonstrated on his site) less expensively.

DSP cross is good here as power requirements for bass >> fullrange.

Galliardist

Major Contributor

ad_fletch

Forum Donor
Thanks for the invite. Exhibitor list is quite small though. I wonder if it is going to get better.

Everything's bigger in the US - we (Australia) only have about 8% of the US' population, and (it seems) fewer manufacturers than we had in the 90s when I first got into audio. It's still an enjoyable show though.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Everything's bigger in the US - we (Australia) only have about 8% of the US' population, and (it seems) fewer manufacturers than we had in the 90s when I first got into audio. It's still an enjoyable show though.
Yeh, driving from Melbourne to Sydney, I was amazed how much land there is relative to people.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Yeh, driving from Melbourne to Sydney, I was amazed how much land there is relative to people.

When did you do that?

I drove from Perth to Melbourne. That's 35 hours of driving if you do it non-stop at the speed limit. Along the way, there is only one city in between (Adelaide), a few country towns with > 10,000 people, and comparatively more extremely small towns with maybe 10-20 people. There was one town I came across in the Northern Territory which consisted of a man and his wife and a bunch of tourist backpackers whom he employed to service the pub and the petrol station.

Top Bottom