• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Amazon Music streamers

juniper

Hi,

is there some alternatives to Eversolo streamers for Amazon Music?

Thanks in advance

OP
J

juniper

Hi @juniper! Welcome to ASR.

Take a look at the WiiM Mini and WiiM Pro (Plus).
They support a bunch of different streaming platforms, plus WiiM constantly add new features via firmware update.
i see a WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review on this forum, for it's price seems very good.

Thanks

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The Amazon devices. Fire TV stick, Fire TV Cube, Fire Tablets, the echo (Alexa) units. DMP-A6, Wiim Pro Plus. XBox Series X and S. Android phones. Probably the crappy Apple stuff too. (Sorry, I've hated Apple since they tried to sue everyone else over having a rectangular shaped phone and the slide to unlock crap).

Amazon music works well on all of the above. Especially the latest Fire TV Cube. Have mine connected to an Atmos AVR and the Atmos music and "360 surround" music sounds great. The volume is a little low and I really have to crank up the volume on the AVR to equal my normal listening level.

I don't believe Atmos is supported from Amazon music on the DMP-A6 or the Wiim Pro Plus.

OP
J

juniper

The Amazon devices. Fire TV stick, Fire TV Cube, Fire Tablets, the echo (Alexa) units. DMP-A6, Wiim Pro Plus. XBox Series X and S. Android phones. Probably the crappy Apple stuff too. (Sorry, I've hated Apple since they tried to sue everyone else over having a rectangular shaped phone and the slide to unlock crap).

Amazon music works well on all of the above. Especially the latest Fire TV Cube. Have mine connected to an Atmos AVR and the Atmos music and "360 surround" music sounds great. The volume is a little low and I really have to crank up the volume on the AVR to equal my normal listening level.

I don't believe Atmos is supported from Amazon music on the DMP-A6 or the Wiim Pro Plus.
Hi, i'm searching for a streamer not for a media player (connected to TV), now i'm using an android phone connected to DAC but i need all in one device.

Eversolo
Wiim
Nad (BluOS)

and i'm searching alternatives.

Brian Hall

Forum Donor
The Eversolo DMP-A6 and the Wiim Pro Plus both have Amazon Music available and both include a good dac.

JeremyFife

All the WiiM devices, from the Mini up, support Amazon music. Very good digital out into your DAC of choice, perfectly good app.

Edit: just realised that @staticV3 basically said that in Post #2 :)

Last edited:

coquin

Fiio's R7 and R9 are Android-based and therefore have access to the Amazon Music app.
I'm not sure about the Matrix Mini-I series, as there's nothing on their product page to indicate this.

JeremyFife

Fiio's R7 and R9 are Android-based and therefore have access to the Amazon Music app.
I'm not sure about the Matrix Mini-I series, as there's nothing on their product page to indicate this.
Fairly sure (can't find the confirmation) that the app restricts signals to 16/48 max.
Amazon's Windows services (Mac too?) and streamers that use the APIs like WiiM or bluesound can stream in higher resolution.
Not that you can hear the difference

coquin

Fairly sure (can't find the confirmation) that the app restricts signals to 16/48 max.
Amazon's Windows services (Mac too?) and streamers that use the APIs like WiiM or bluesound can stream in higher resolution.
Not that you can hear the difference
The Amazon app plays at 192 kbit/s. It may vary depending on the region and subscription (Prime/Unlimited). The Fiio can also be set to "All to DSD". I'll leave it open for discussion whether this makes sense :)

irvman

Hi. I use a M2 Apple MAC mini as my streamer for Amazon Music HD. It does an excellent job. I use the Amazon Music app, which is available from the Amazon Music HD website but is hard to find. Unfortunately, the app is no longer available on the Apple App Store. Alternatively you can stream directly from the Amazon Music HD website. If you do the latter, I would recommend not using Apple's browser, Safari, or Chrome because they only support 44kHz/16 bit quality. Microsoft Edge browser supports 96kHz/24 bit quality.

Top Bottom