• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AMA about the Sanskrit 10th MKII/V2 AK4493 edition

OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
My Sanskrit 10th Mk II arrived last week. Been enjoying it this morning when I discovered the six filters. I was hoping to read about them in the manual that was provided with the unit, but it looks like my copy is for the previous version (no mention of filters, and the manual says that the central button on the remote has no function, which is not the case with the Mk II).

The link to the manual that you provided a while back no longer seems to work (404). Please let me know if you have discovered where the Mk II manual has been moved to. Thanks.

Update: Found it on this page: https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/downlist/id/12.html

View attachment 87353
Exactly the reason why I made the stuff in the 2nd bullet from this.
  • "All Filters seem to sound more or less the same to me so I'm sticking with the default FL1.
    • Filter-aficionados can visit Nihtilas site for further explanation - Thanks to @Jarrett for the link.
    • The filter list picture I've attached is made from multiple sources on the Internet and adapted to fit this device."
ps. links updated - thanks!

Attachments

• smsl_10th_filters.png
    smsl_10th_filters.png
    76 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Reactions: PSO
OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
My Sanskrit 10th Mk II arrived last week. Been enjoying it this morning when I discovered the six filters. I was hoping to read about them in the manual that was provided with the unit, but it looks like my copy is for the previous version (no mention of filters, and the manual says that the central button on the remote has no function, which is not the case with the Mk II).

The link to the manual that you provided a while back no longer seems to work (404). Please let me know if you have discovered where the Mk II manual has been moved to. Thanks.

Update: Found it on this page: https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/downlist/id/12.html

View attachment 87353
How do you find it compared to the Tone board and iFi's?

OP
ichonderoga

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
Ichon, do you know if this is compatible with a mobile phone, by any chance? The stock cable with Type C did not work. Have you tried by any chance?
I can confirm it works on my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy) via* USB-C.
  • *I used a powered laptop USB-C Dock as in-between to get a USB-A socket to connect the Sanskrit.
    • Phone --> USB-C --> USB-C Dock (powered) --> USB-A --> Sanskrit.
    • USB interoperability and backward compatability is awesome!
  • Some USB-C cables only have power and no data pins.
  • I didn't install or setup anything it just worked when plugged in.
  • The Sanskrit also has the option of getting AUX PWR maybe also use that. I'm guessing most phones don't deliver enough juice to power the DAC when connected directly.
  • Sadly I can't test iDevices since I'm lacking the necessary adaptors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom