• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Allo Usbridge Signature

peterq

If you guys want some measurements, Allo posted some on diyaudio, using usbridge sig gives a bit better results. But after compared jolida dac with some better test results dac, I doubt maybe the measurements cannot explain all things we are listening.

jmillar

I think so. I only have Chromecast Audio dongles working in my apartment in NYC (i'm in my house in CT now). But my experience with them in NY now is that if you connect via an app lik Qobuz or Tidal, the control point loses the connection, and then restoring it requires stopping whatever you *were* playing. In Bubble, they work better, as I think Bubble keeps pinging the connection. I don't mind using Bubble, but my wife prefers to just stream from Tidal or Google Music from her iPhone.

There is a lot of competing wifi in NYC, and the wifi on the dongles may just not be up to it. No prob with most other devices tho.

The volumio streamer is wired, of course. But it suddenly stopped being able to use USB out and I had to switch to SPDIF.

Honestly the best streaming implementation I have, from a features and stability point of view, is a Cambridge Audio streamer i've got up here. Compatible with all protocols, auto-switching, nice front end in StreamMagic, and STABLE.

I'm interested in trying the Allo GUI and DietPi configuration of this streamer. I wish Chromecast would open their API since they've discontinued the device.

How would the Cambridge streamer compare with a Bluesound Node 2i ?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How would the Cambridge streamer compare with a Bluesound Node 2i ?

I’ve never tried one of those. I’ve gone fully roon-endpoint, with either RaspberryPi endpoints, chromecast (kitchen), or my remaining Cambridge and KEF streaming Hardware.

navin

Have you tested and compared them? lol see the thing is with science before we make claims we need to perform any sort of test to come up with an answer like that... maybe try coming out of your moms basement and check out the real world out here...
Hi, I too have the USBridge and wanted to add a small 2 line screen or display to it (via the GPIO) but I can't seem to find any details on the internet about how to do this.

Have you tried this?

Thanks.

Top Bottom