• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adjusting input impedance on ncx500 unbuffered

grobalt

Hi all,

i am using the purifi eval schematic to build my input buffer for these boards - and stumbled over input impedance of just 10.2k Ω

As i am building multichannel amps i was looking for their impedance -> all 47k Ω

Am i right that i can adjust by increasing these values to 47k Ω half -> 23k5 Ω ?

1696188577070.png

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
May I ask, what can't drive a 10K load? I'd check the input bias current of those op amps before I increased the resistors a lot.

OP
G

grobalt

As i am not deep into electronics .. i am just adjusting existing stuff and checked what other commercially available amps do ... :)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As i am not deep into electronics .. i am just adjusting existing stuff and checked what other commercially available amps do ... :)
Most preamps etc will easily drive 10k, even 2k.

OP
G

grobalt

For the Multichannel stuff i will use Trinnov Altitudes.
As i customize anyway .. it does not matter which resistor values i put in, is there a pro / con for 10k vs 47k ?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
For the Multichannel stuff i will use Trinnov Altitudes.
As i customize anyway .. it does not matter which resistor values i put in, is there a pro / con for 10k vs 47k ?
Yes, as I said the input bias of the op amp affects that. You'll get more input offset voltage.

OP
G

grobalt

Yes, as I said the input bias of the op amp affects that. You'll get more input offset voltage.
many thanks for your quick answers - to be honest - i dont understand your last reply :( may i ask for a bit more explanation, example OPA1612 and SS3602 ?

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom