• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

About dongle Dacs

JediMa

I really don't know much bout them so are them really capable to improve sound quality and add power? Also prices range is quite weird. I just tested a Sharkoon one and i coulndn't hear any difference in quality or power, probaby because it's a really cheap one

Luyil

As long as the dongle isn't majorly flawed, a good dongle DAC/AMP should be accurate / have good transparency, and deliver good power. Not sure about the performance of the Sharkoon, but two of the most well regarded dongles on here are the Meizu Hifi Pro and Tempotec Sonata HD Pro (Rebranded as Hidizs S8).
EDIT: The Tempotec isn't really a dongle (really a USB DAC/AMP) but it's very small and light.

Last edited:

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I agree. The Meizu Hifi Pro and Tempotec Sonata HD Pro are both fantastic dongles for the money. The Tempotec has 2V output, so I would choose it if needing to use it as just a DAC.

For someone on a budget, the $9 Apple USB-C dongle measures more accurate than the DACs in a lot of other consumer audio equipment.

OP
JediMa

JediMa

I agree. The Meizu Hifi Pro and Tempotec Sonata HD Pro are both fantastic dongles for the money. The Tempotec has 2V output, so I would choose it if needing to use it as just a DAC.

For someone on a budget, the $9 Apple USB-C dongle measures more accurate than the DACs in a lot of other consumer audio equipment.
... Both not easy to get in Italy.. and they would be perfect also bout price

OP
JediMa

JediMa

As long as the dongle isn't majorly flawed, a good dongle DAC/AMP should be accurate / have good transparency, and deliver good power. Not sure about the performance of the Sharkoon, but two of the most well regarded dongles on here are the Meizu Hifi Pro and Tempotec Sonata HD Pro (Rebranded as Hidizs S8)
I can't tell about quality, seems OK, but on my S10 Sharkoon is giving loud enough volume with Hifiman He560 planar, which is quite good

OP
JediMa

JediMa

Top Bottom