• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

A cloud is the single most important acoustic treatment. Change my mind.

ErVikingo

Who makes all these panel ???
Seven Audio in Poland (I am in Florida). Excellent workmanship and the price is right.

I did it all through email. Lukazs ran modeling for the room and matched the finish on my speakers.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
Becoming serious again... you'd all really help your case with measurements, and maybe also a few photos of your rooms and handywork for people to see the end results and what's involved.
What kind of measurements? FR and even RT60 (waterfalls of impulses) dosnt tell you much about the audible effects of first reflections. They change the soundstage.

Galliardist

Major Contributor
What kind of measurements? FR and even RT60 (waterfalls of impulses) dosnt tell you much about the audible effects of first reflections. They change the soundstage.
You are the ones making the claim, not me. Are you also claiming an unmeasurable difference without doing the basic measurements or checking tbe literature for what’s already known?

It’s not like I can do this for you… I can’t make this change to my room.

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
The basic FR measurement dip has been shown. Im saying the audible Haas effect (theres lots of literature on this, Im not spoon feeding you) is hard to measure, and hard to correlate to hearing, not impossible. Yould have to measure the level delay and direction of all the reflections. Another problem with a hard ceiling, if your floor is also reflective, are flutter echoes, and these can be very detrimental.
You can try your own test with the floor. If its a reflective surface try throwing a thick rug where the sound reflects. If its a carpet throw some plywood/drywall on the floor.
If you can't hear a difference than you don't have to worry.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Old Man Yells at Cloud.jpeg

Not everyone approves.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom