• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

4 new Schiit preamps

Plan9

You're right. It need not. But for most people who talk about tubes, they are pursuing a flavor whether it be purposefully bloomy, "holographic", woole fuzzy sound, vintage sounding, little bit of treble gloss on vocals etc. I see tube people as a what flavor ice cream do you want? Chocolate, caramel, coconut.
While the solid state crowd is more like - how perfectly ice cream is this ice cream? Is there anything not pure ice cream about it?
And I think the tube manufacturers know that and don't really care about the measurements - as you've probably noticed by your tube measurements.
Unless of course, you prefer gelato!

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I agree. But still I would very much prefer to see the whole picture similar to what you presented for Amplifiers, @Matias...:)
Don't count on me listing them. Too much work keeping the amplifiers list already. Plus differences in SINAD for preamps is a lot smaller than amplifiers.

TheInquiring

Oh, I would never ask you to, @Matias!;) I was just hoping such list does exist somewhere and maintained by a dedicated enthusiast like yourself... No such luck, apparently...:facepalm:
I understand it is possible (but is this optimal?!) to connect some DACs (Okto, RME or Benchmark, e.g.) to power amp directly. The problem is that I have some analogue sources (FM tuner, turntable) as well, hence the need for a transparent pre-amp.:facepalm:
If I may, @Matias: what pre-amp would recommend to consider pairing with Apollon Audio PNC 1200 Stereo Amplifier, please?:)

OP
Matias

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, I would never ask you to, @Matias!;) I was just hoping such list does exist somewhere and maintained by a dedicated enthusiast like yourself... No such luck, apparently...:facepalm:
I understand it is possible (but is this optimal?!) to connect some DACs (Okto, RME or Benchmark, e.g.) to power amp directly. The problem is that I have some analogue sources (FM tuner, turntable) as well, hence the need for a transparent pre-amp.:facepalm:
If I may, @Matias: what pre-amp would recommend to consider pairing with Apollon Audio PNC 1200 Stereo Amplifier, please?:)
I'm not much of a Preamp person, only got my Makua because I bought it used with a good price. Maybe the Topping Pre90 should meet your needs, measurements are excellent and it's not expensive.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Freya S might be back for a limited run since they found 300 cases. I would see about getting one of those.

Top Bottom