thx 789

1. D

Headphone / Amp Recommendation

I've been a long-time reader here, mostly for speaker / amp / DAC reviews. I'm looking to get a desktop setup for headphones, a s I've done some digging, but I haven't really paid enough attention to all the headphone / amp reviews on here to have a good understanding of the landscape. I wanted...
  2. I

Looking for Recommendations for a Gaming/Music Stationary Laptop DAC/AMP Stack 500-800 Range

I'm really new to the audiophile scene and have been trying to research different setups/products to purchase for my new laptop upgrade. I am looking at purchasing the Hifiman Ananda wired headphones and looking for a DAC/AMP stack to pair with the headsets for my 70% gaming 30% music. I was...
  3. A

Question(s) regarding THX 789 (THX 887) and DAC (clipping?)

Hello I'm really a full-blown newbie when it comes to this sort of things unfortunately... I currently have a Monoprice THX 887 (pretty much the same as the Massdrop THX AAA 789 I'm sure, I just made the title THX 789 since it is more well known I guess) and along with it a Chord Hugo 2 as...
  4. TOOdamnFRANK

Help with DAC & Amplifier pairings. (Drop, SMSL, Schiit, Topping, THX,...)

I’m fairly new to this whole world of home audio / audiophile products / headphones (less than 1.5 years or so) and my first real / external Amp & DAC stack was a Schiit Modi & Magni 3+. Since then I have moved on and purchased a Drop THX 789 with a Drop Grace SDAC that I did not care for. Right...
  5. N

No audio in a balanced setup (THX 789 + DX7s)

Hey everyone. I've finally received my THX 789 and was excited to set it up, but I'm not hearing any audio with my setup. I have a pair of HiFiMAN Arya with a balanced cable which I used to plug into my Topping DX7s and it works great. I've received my THX 789 which I was excited to plug in and...
  6. M

RME DAC Question

Hello, This is my first post here. I’ve been reading through Amir’s reviews the past few days while looking into what I should get. For the past few years I’ve been using the Schiit Jotunheim with Focal Elex headphones, but I recently got the THX 789 so I would like to purchase a balanced DAC...
  7. S

RME Babyface Pro vs JDS Atom

Will my Sennheiser HD600 sound better with the Topping D10+JDS Atom than with the RME Babyface Pro? I ask specifically about my headphones, not about some super-hard-to-drive planar-magnetic ones. And while I am already asking - will they sound even better with the THX 789+some dac? Story: I...
  8. Azeia

Confusion regarding JDS Labs Atom power vs THX AAA 789 power

Hello, I'm new here, although I've been lurking and reading the reviews for a few weeks now. I hope this is the right place to post this question, I saw other posts asking for recommendations, etc, so I thought this was as good a forum as any to ask. My question relates to the power...
  9. A

EL DAC vs SMSL SU-8 vs Topping D50

Looking for a DAC in the $200-$300 dollar range. If it could be balanced that would be great. So far i'm deciding between these 3 DAC's (EL DAC vs SMSL SU-8 vs Topping D50). I'm going to be pairing it with either my Schiit Jotunheim or my Massdrop THX 789. Between these 3 DAC's which is best...
Top Bottom