genelec 8341a

1. W

Genelec 8030C to 8331/41A??

Hello, I have an RME ADI-2 DAC with a pair of 8030Cs and am happy. Of course, the Ones are better. How much better is an 8331,8341 over the 8030C for near field <1m listening distance with -40dB to -50Db value on my DAC? I'm not sure if the dB varies significantly between brands, but those are...
  2. M

Moving from Sonos to Genelec 8341/8351 with 7360a, desk mount suggestions?

I am getting ready to move from this Sonos setup to my dream 2.1 system. I am mainly going to be using it for music while I work. I am not sure if I should treat the room first or at the same time as the install. I am also not sure what mount if any that I should use? I considered stand mounts...
  3. J

what is sound difference of genelec 8351 + 7360 vs 8341 + 7360? the same subwoofter

what is the sound difference of genelec 8351b + 7360 vs 8341a + 7360, the same subwoofter
  4. J

Questions of Genelec GLM function & stored button of the ones 8331 8341 8351

The stored button on 8331 / 8341 / 8351's back panel is set off. After calibration with GLM, but not stored into monitor, and keep the network port connected to the GLM kit. 1. If keep GLM solfware closed, the monitor's voice is still not calibrated? 2. Only keep the GLM software open, the...
  5. Sparky

Connecting a subwoofer to an RME ADI2 PRO with Genelec Speakers

Hi all, I have a question about how to correctly connect up my subwoofers to an RME ADI2 PRO FS R be and also which mode to have the RME set to. My set up will soon be as follows; Source 1 - Intel NUC (ROON Core) -------- USB ---------- RME Source 2 - TV -------- TOSLINK ---------- RME...
  6. ctakim

First attempt at DSP/Room Correction with MiniDSP SHD Studio, REW, and DIRAC Live

So had a chance this weekend to start to do a little DSP and Room Correction on my office near field desktop 2.1 sound system. First, I will list the components. I have recently purchased Genelec 8341a speakers set up as an equilateral triangle on my desktop with 4 inch hard foam blocks as...
  7. Sparky

ON HOLD - UK Only Members: Sale/Swap White Genelec 8341's for Grey Version - ON HOLD

NO LONGER FOR SALE Hi. This question/request only applies to the UK audience on here for obvious reasons which I will explain below. I bought a pair of Genelec 8341AWM in White from "Music Matter" in May 2021 and I absolutely love them BUT.......the wife hates them with a passion and she...
  8. Sparky

Am I being daft here?

Hi all. So, lets get it out of the way, I'm a bit of a "box swapper" and enjoy doing the research on various new items in the audio market which may or may not improve my listening experience. I'm going through that phase now and have a couple of questions which, depending on the answers, will...
  9. Sparky

Help to align Genelec 8341's with standard pair of subwoofers

Hi all. I have dumped all my passive gear in favour of an "active" set up as I feel that this is the way forward. After spending a long time reading reviews and scouring the internet, I landed on a pair of Genelec 8341's. The in depth reviews and discussion on this forum certainly helped with...
  10. Sparky

Minidsp SHD confusion

Hi all. I have recently introduced an SHD into my system which is running a pair of Genelec 8341's I am familiar with minidsp products having owned a 2x4HD for a number of years which has been running and EQing my dual subs happily and very successfully. I am now trying to emulate what the...
  11. Sparky

Genelec 8341AWM paired with MiniDSP SHD

Hi all. I have asked a few questions in various threads regarding the 8341's but, seen as though I've just purchased these beauties, I thought I would start a thread so I can keep all the valuable information in one place. So, based on the measurements Amir has taken, I have purchased a pair...
  12. 1231rq32r1qw32r

Genelec 8341 AP

Hello everyone! I'm a new member here so I'll do a little introduction first. I'm a huge music enthusiast, I run a modest production studio and have a keen interest in electronic music production (lots of old vintage synths in here). My current system is a pair of Yamaha HS7 and a single...
  13. Cloudreader

How best to connect Genelec 8341A to PC

I finally decided to buy a pair of Genelec 8341As to use as my desktop speakers. My PC has a Optical S/PDIF-Out as well as the usual audio jacks from the sound card. Genelec spec has XLR Analog and XLR AES/EBU inputs. I am somewhat a newbie w.r.t these different interconnects. I haven't used...
Top Bottom