Search results

1. fieldcar

An objective take on cooking steaks.

Check this out. Science + Steak = Yum.
  2. fieldcar

The online coffee/espresso culture mirrors the subjectivist audio crowd.

So, lately I've been venturing into the world of espresso, and I see no reason to overspend, much like how I approach my hifi hobby. As any interest takes hold, I usually check out youtube to gain some insight into the whole thing, but I'm noticing a trend that leaves me frustrated. Ask any...
  3. fieldcar

outlook.com's terrible filtering

So, lately I've had a crazy influx of email coming to the inbox of my outlook account. I swear that they are doing it intentionally to "convince" me to go for the paid version. To fix it, I added some filters, and it's been working fairly well. I'm kind of puzzled why they aren't used by...
  4. fieldcar

I found the ASR of rechargeable batteries and chargers

Some guy tests chargers by plotting graphs just like @amirm ! This will probably help those of us out who insist on avoiding alkaline batteries. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/search/1437362/?q=charger+review&c[title_only]=1&c[users]=HKJ&o=relevance I use the ISDT N8 frequently to charge...
  5. fieldcar

Denon AVR-X3800H is released.

I didn't see any mention that the AVR has launched for $1700USD, so here are a few links at the bottom. I did notice one thing that may disappoint. It appears that Dirac Live won't be available at launch. 9.4 channel, 105w (2 channel driven) 11.4 channel preamp outputs Dolby Atmos, DTS:X...
  6. fieldcar

Good source for Projector bulbs

I just figured I would start a thread checking to see where everyone gets their bulbs. I've tried ebay and amazon, only to find that they're almost all fakes that dim after ~500 hours. If it's under $100, then it's probably too good to be true and you run a very large risk of blowing up your...
  7. fieldcar

Joshua Valour has done it. Time to pack it up. (A90 vs A90D)

Say what you will, but he has done it. He can differentiate between a 121 and 119dB SINAD headphone amp. :rolleyes: Just ignore the lack of a double blind/ABX test, improper level matching, and running these things single ended. "Blind Test"
  8. fieldcar

Blown Speaker? No, Oxidized terminals.

Hello friends. I just wanted to fill you in on a surprising thing I noticed when breaking out some old JBL N26ii's from my attic. I thought for sure that I had a blown woofer as I was getting distortion on a single speaker. I was mentally preparing to toss the "old and worn out speakers", but...
  9. fieldcar

Speaker Phase alignment with AVR automatic calibration.

During a recent Audyssey XT32 calibration, I noticed that even with MultiEQ-X and the ACM1-X calibrated mic, I was hearing odd prominence of center-vocals about ~30 degrees to the right of where they should be during the stereo mode on my Denon X3700H. A quick look at the distances resulted in a...
  10. fieldcar

The state of lossy audio in 2022.

Lately there have been a few threads complaining about the lack of fidelity for lossy audio. I figured that it may be worthwhile to better illustrate where we are actually at with a few samples. Given that our auditory memory is only a matter of seconds and most tests play out a long chunk of a...
  11. fieldcar

NEWS: monolith amp with Hypex amplification!

It was semi-officially announced during the AV summit by Hobie Sechrest that monoprice's monolith sub-brand will be releasing a new multi channel amplifier with hypex amplification. Take a look.
  12. fieldcar

Ceramic 18" full range speaker on Kickstarter.

I just saw this advertised and thought it would be worth discussing on here. I personally don't believe their claims of a full range response from 30Hz to 20KHz. But what do you think? https://www.sillycomm.com/kickbass/
  13. fieldcar

Audiophile seating [poll]

Recently when I was listening to music, I was working on making sure that the position of my front pair of speakers were aimed and spaced correctly, but when I was doing that to find the sweet spot, I found that the sound drastically changed as I moved just about a foot away from my recliner...
  14. fieldcar

RIP MQA. December 4 2014 - April 14 2021.

Take a look. A youtuber was able to generate a thorough investigation as to what the heck MQA does to butcher your masters. Enjoy.
  15. fieldcar

Darko hates LDAC

I know.. I should just refrain from reading this garbage, but it happens to the best of us. https://darko.audio/2020/11/no-bluetooth-cannot-deliver-hi-res-audio/ While I get that some phones have issues maintaining the 990kbps bitrate, he goes on and on about his scoffing that it pales in...
  16. fieldcar

Devastating Fire Shuts Down Entire Production Line for AKM Until 2021

https://apos.audio/blogs/news/devastating-fire-shuts-down-entire-production-line-for-akm-until-2021
  17. fieldcar

Apparently the THX 789 is a noisy amp. I call BS!

So a youtuber named Joshua valour has repeatedly said that the THX 789's biggest flaw is audible hum/noise on very sensitive IEM's like his Empire ears Zeus. I'm calling BS, and he's making some sort of noob mistake like running his RCA's close to 120V mains or his source material is crappier...
Top Bottom