• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

outlook.com's terrible filtering

fieldcar

Addicted to Fun and Learning
So, lately I've had a crazy influx of email coming to the inbox of my outlook account. I swear that they are doing it intentionally to "convince" me to go for the paid version.

To fix it, I added some filters, and it's been working fairly well. I'm kind of puzzled why they aren't used by default.

Have you had this issue? Do you have any good tips to prevent spam on outlook/hotmail?

Rules page:

1679501304885.png

To create the filter, basically, add these to the condition for looking in the header, and then sent to junk.
1679501332230.png

Marc v E

Major Contributor
I had such a terrible experience of ever increasing spam when I used hotmail/outlook, that I looked for alternatives. Tried Gmail and it's so much better I never looked back.

Bleib

Major Contributor
I'm trying to teach it that certain emails are not spam but it never learns. Ever. Have corrected it at least 30 times by now

Last edited:

Booker

Forum Donor
I just heard in some podcast or article that some AI LM recently leaked from Meta has caused a significant increase in email spam.
Since then, I have been receiving more spam, which fortunately is being caught by spam filters.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So, lately I've had a crazy influx of email coming to the inbox of my outlook account. I swear that they are doing it intentionally to "convince" me to go for the paid version.

I think you must be mistaken. Bill promised everyone he was going to solve that problem, back in 2004, at the WEF, in Davos. And we all know that Bill is...well, he's Bill. Now, if only he would tackle other things, like health issues, how wonderful would it be?

I don't ever think email spam will go away. In Office Outlook you can mark domains and addresses as 'junk', and they go into a dedicated folder. But you still have to go into the folder to delete them, in order to make sure you don't miss anything you actually wanted. I know some people who change email addresses occasionally, but that is just starting out all over. And can be a big hassle with established accounts.

Top Bottom