Search results

1. R

FS/EU: Topping D90LE

Selected countries from EU only (see * below) For sale, my Topping D90LE I ask 500€ (+ shipping) Pre-payment by bank transfer or Paypal in EURO. This is the exact same model than the D90SE Amir reviewed, but without MQA decoding. I purchased it new from Audiophonics (800€ in June 2022). You...
  2. R

(Unofficial) Topping D50 III DAC review and measurements

Here is a review and measurements of the recent Topping D50 III DAC The D50 III is a small DAC. From above, it looks like a square of approx 13x13cm . I purchased it new from Audiophonics for around 230€ (pre-release discount included). This is one of the cheapest DACs with balanced and...
  3. R

(re) Review of Sound Devices MixPre-3 II Multichannel Recorder Review - Advanced mode

This is a complementary review of Sound Devices MixPre-3 II digital audio recorder and mixer. @amirm has done a first review (you may find it here), but it appears he measured the device in "Basic" mode only. This mode has some strong limitations. One of those being that the limiters (there...
  4. R

RME ADI-2 Pro - Remote app beta just released for the Pro serie

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=38074&fbclid=IwAR0Ojbu8n1NQsj4giWXApOlaRjTdLHs8M9SPQFnBAUzqHtq0Mdy7GUGuQII I tried it and it works fine. I was able to copy some EQ settings from an ADI-2 Pro fs to the ADI-2/4 Pro SE in seconds :cool: It requires a firmware update.
  5. R

Toslink switch and TosLink/Coaxial SPDIF converter - Review and measurements

I measure-checked 2 digital Toslink devices : Toslink switch + Bi-directional TosLink/Coaxial SPDIF converter I needed to extend my digital inputs capacity for home living room and another location. So I purchased - a 3 inputs - 1 output small TosLink switch - with remote. (30€ -...
  6. R

Topping E30 II Lite DAC review and measurements

Here is a review and measurements of the recent Topping E30 II Lite DAC Here you see it on top of the gorgeous Topping A70 Pro, to give an idea of its size. Yes, it's a very small DAC. I purchased it new from Audiophonics for around 100€. This is one of the cheapest DACs with SPDIF inputs...
  7. R

Review of Marantz CD6000 OSE KI signature CD Player

In an attempt to review more CD players, I here measured the Marantz CD6000 OSE KI Signature Launched in the early 2000s, the CD6000 was Marantz' "normal" range CD player. They then launched, and sold for a premium, the CD6000 OSE, supposed to be an improved version. And then the CD6000 OSE Ki...
  8. R

SONY PCM-R300 DAC measurements

I measured my SONY PCM-R300 DAT recorder The PCM-R300 was released around 1998. (A review from the time may be found here) This was the entry model in the SONY pro DAT recorders. Obviously, this one is based on a consumer-grade DAT platform. I purchased it second hand to replace my...
  9. R

Topping A70 Pro Preamp to control volume - SNR Compared to direct digital and passive volume control

I measured the Topping A70 Pro as a preamplifier My goal was to assess its performance in terms of noise versus level, compared to other methods. (I was inspired by this post from @nagster , where he's done the same with the Topping Pre90) The Topping A70 pro is said to be using stepped...
  10. R

A certain sense of auto-derision: Benchmark AHB2 subjective review written by... ChatGPT

Published on Benchmark's Facebook channel on monday: https://benchmarkmedia.com/blogs/application_notes/chatgpt-reviews-the-ahb2?fbclid=IwAR31cb3-VndX9E89ZRluHFz1wnyncAl1IXbXOXyqNrn0MP1kUijCveLrkWM (I know. It's advertisement. So I won't be shocked if that's removed. But it's quite fun...
  11. R

Topping G5 - Is the battery serviceable ?

I'm looking to purchase the Topping G5 I love the specs, the measurements, the functionalities. That's the one I need for my work in the office. BUT... This is a battery powered device. And we all know batteries have a limited life. So my question to Topping (or anyone who knows): Is the G5...
  12. R

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE - RIAA mode measurements

Hi here are some measurement of the new RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE in RIAA (phono) mode The RME ADI-24 Pro SE is RME's last addition to their ADI-2 converters range. RME explains that SE means "Special Edition", and they advertise it as a Special, Limited edition, on top of the existing ADI-2 serie...
  13. R

Fiio BTA30 Pro Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver + DAC - Review

Hello Here is a review of a special device: This device is a Bluetooth Audio Transmitter, Receiver and DAC. This is the Fiio BTA30 Pro. The BTA30 Pro is about half the dimension of the (1U / half 19") RME ADI-2 Pro fs R in all directions: Half width, half height (without the antenna)...
  14. R

Topping D90LE - SINAD measurement (with E1DA Cosmos APU Notch)

In my previous measurements, I was peaking around 122dB SINAD measurement, with a direct ADC connection Using E1DA Cosmos APU Notch, (and some lessons learned from last REW editions), I was finally able to achieve a more relevant SINAD measurement of the D90LE Measurement is done with Topping...
  15. R

Topping D90LE - "Valve" and "Transistor" effects measurements

Hi I've performed a few quick measurements with the Topping D90LE DAC 5V at Max level (USB in, 48kHz, Right Channel) (ADC: E1DA ADC 4.5V Mono, measured with Virtins Multi Instrument 3.9.6) "Standard" mode In "Valve" mode We see a big 2nd harmonic peak (0.32%), with a more limited 3rd...
  16. R

Review and (unofficial) measurements of Thomann SSSnake Cat Snake 3FB and 3MC (Analog cable snake over Category 5/6/7 cable)

Sending audio analog signal over standard Cat 5/6/7 cables over long distance: Measurements of Thomann SSSnake Cat "Snake" Extenders Hello Here is a quick review and some measurements about a... "cable" (kind of). Actually, this is a full range of accessories Thomann (one of the major music...
  17. R

Impossible to edit after 24h - That's quite short.

Could we extend to 3 days ? It's quite short when you try to share a "review with measurements" like this one and somehow correct it after "Peer review" (Typically, "peers" are much more clever and knowledgeable than me. I'm not their equal. But that's the common wording, I think)
  18. R

(Unofficial) RME UCX II Interface Review and Measurements

Hi Here are some measurements of the new RME UCX II Interface Please apologize if there is any error here. Don't hesitate to ask or flag in case of doubt. The RME UCX II is a new small USB interface from RME, belonging to the UFX II and UFX+ family. Its small size (1/2 rack wide and 1U high)...
  19. R

Which measurement to highlight dynamic compression/expansion ?

About the dynamic compression/expansion That's been a long time I wanted to check what happens with dynamic compression or expansion How would that measure ? So I've build a digital loopback with Cockos Reaper and Virtins Multi-Instrument 3.9 (the software I use for audio measurements) Then I...
  20. R

3 days fire at AKM factory

Ok, I just realized it was already posted https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/plant-of-asahi-kasei-microsystems-on-fire.16969/ Canon is now also announcing impact on camera delivery time. https://www.canonnews.com/camera-companies-facing-new-shortage-issues (I can't find...
Top Bottom