Search results

1. feynman

<Sold> MiniDSP SHD

Purchased new last year, and still in excellent as-new condition. Includes original packaging. Local Phoenix area preferred, but I could be talked into shipping it as well. Asking $900 (+shipping/fees if necessary). Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any questions. -mitch
  2. feynman

801 Repair Guidance Thread

I have picked up a lovely pair of B&W 801 Series 80, built mid-1981. The cabinets and grills are in great condition. They have some audible electrical issues, and I want to restore them to their original glory (no upgrades/mods, yet). Some general wisdom seems to be to bypass those...
  3. feynman

Found: 801

Found a nice local pair from a nice local ASR member. Thanks, all.
  4. feynman

Multichannel Music - Intro Material?

Any recommendations for materials on how best to understand/implement multichannel music reproduction? Are there many good sources for this sort of recorded material? Standards for how to decode/process/upmix/whatever...? It's probably clear that I don't know enough to even know what to ask...
  5. feynman

Thank you, everyone

I have been a mostly quiet member here for a couple of years. I have only taken from your knowledge and never added anything of use on my own (mostly because I have little to offer). I have read and learned rather a lot here, and I really appreciate this place. The community is welcoming...
  6. feynman

Advice Redux - Room Tips, 8341 enough? 8341 vs KH310...Sub(s)...Paralysis

I am in my final decision stages without physical access to either of my intended monitor competitors. I have read and re-read every experience and comment here; far too much for any sane person. If there was a thread in the last ten years that mentioned Neumann or Genelec, I've read it...
  7. feynman

Where to buy KH/G in US?

Wasn't sure which forum was appropriate, or if the question is appropriate to begin with. I am likely now shopping for a KH310 or a Genelec pair. I tend to purchase secondhand, but in the absence of options are their recommended dealers here, or discounts or...? Thanks.
  8. feynman

M105 Minor Chart Listing DIfference

The M105 is listed as a studio monitor, while all of its brethren show as standmounts. I realize the distinctions can be fuzzy, but since it came up missing when I was filtering for standmounts I figured it was worth mentioning.
  9. feynman

[Sold] Schiit Magni 2 Uber

ASRers, I don't post much, but I read a lot, and I have learned quite a bit from this community. Thank you. As a small token of my appreciation, I offer my lightly used Schiit Magni 2 Uber. I purchased this new, and it has since sat on my desk, doing its job as a headphone amp and volume...
  10. feynman

MiniDSP SHD Dirac Live Rivals

As I get closer to identifying my elusive new system, I find the MiniDSP SHD with Dirac Live to be a compelling front end device that could check all of my boxes should I go with an active speaker solution (or I suppose even with passive+power amplifier). The Studio might even do what I need...
  11. feynman

If you could do it all over again...

This is partially a selfish post for me, but one that does make me curious. I'm currently in a blank sheet sort of phase in trying to put together a modest yet excellent listening experience... I appreciate all of the input I received on my room/system thread, and I have been voraciously...
  12. feynman

Advice and thoughts sought for room, speaker, system matching...

Good morning all, I'd love to hear any of your thoughts on my current situation. I do tend to go on for too long about things, but I'll try to make this concise. I'm in a new home and have decided it's time for a proper modern audio system, from scratch. I am constrained of course by the...
  13. feynman

Good morning from Arizona

I'm about to ask for some advice and thoughts, so I reasoned that I should at least say hello first. I'm Mitch, from Arizona, and I too like music and gear and data. Nice place you have here. Thanks in advance for putting up with me. -mitch
Top Bottom