Search results

1. Too Many Notes

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amplifier Review (2nd)

I would add that any differences heard would be completely subjective in nature, notwithstanding that different combinations of equipment would produce different results. There is no way to make a universal "it sounds like this" statement. If, however, you are wondering how it tastes... slightly...
  2. Too Many Notes

Dylan is probably eating his lunch, along with some of the other big players' meals. Congrats indeed Buckeye, you must be doing something right to have their attention.
  3. Too Many Notes

I am guessing March Audio, where you can get two channels of Purifi 1ET400A goodness for the low price of $3729.00 US.
  4. Too Many Notes

I pretty much said that in post #70, yet the beatings continue.
  5. Too Many Notes

I understand your point about the chart but disagree with your conclusions. Feel free to PM me if you need further clarification out of respect for future thread readers, and the fact that I *actually* need to get some work done today lol.
  6. Too Many Notes

One could argue it could be more nuanced, and it's not perfect, but what is? The chart is not intentionally dishonest. This has already been answered for you.
  7. Too Many Notes

Most gear is sent to Amir from members. He is very transparent about his testing methodology. Other reviewers don't come close to this level of detail and openness. Your concerns about bias would be much better placed elsewhere.
  8. Too Many Notes

And how much for your 700hp Lambo featured here? $2500 back in 2019. And that's with only two channels, so it's missing a wheel. Which one would you buy? ;)
  9. Too Many Notes

If it performs better than cars costing twice as much, yeah, I'd be cool with it. Cost to performance ratio in the real world is most important to me. In this case, 700 vs 550 is overstating things a bit. More like 700 vs 698, at which point we're splitting hairs. I still appreciate the debate...
  10. Too Many Notes

This makes sense to me. At at certain point, can we admit to ourselves we're not comparing audible differences but rather engineering ones, whether something performs to spec, and that other attributes/features may be more important when considering an amp? Still, I've come to appreciate the...
  11. Too Many Notes

Holy cow, $1400 is a huge price drop. Can't say I'm thrilled at having paid $300 more, but such is the free market. How is this expensive considering what you get? This amp and others like it perform leaps and bounds better than amps costing much more.
  12. Too Many Notes

Buckeye 3 Channel Purifi Amp Review

New review is up for version two of the Purifi 3-channel! Almost missed it. Link is included in the 1st post. Congrats Dylan.
  13. Too Many Notes

Agreed that having the chart is better than not having it. At the same time, it seems a valid critique that comparisons are made without all things being equal. Perhaps adding an icon to each score indicating the gain setting would be useful? Ideally, Amir employs his time machine to remeasure...
  14. Too Many Notes

As someone suffering from mild-to-moderate OCD tendencies, I get the urge. But, assuming you cannot print money and have finite time on this planet, spend your resources upgrading components that make a difference. Get a better DAC/AVR, better speakers, acoustic panels, play with placement...
  15. Too Many Notes

This is exactly my point. ;)
  16. Too Many Notes

Previous joking aside, this intrigues me the more I think about it. In theory, could the measurable distortion added by the above components be higher than, say, the extra distortion measured by Amir that was caused by the previously installed steel tabs? In other words, could replacing the tabs...
  17. Too Many Notes

This changes everything. Dylan, please create a guide on how to replace the steel binding posts in our speakers with your brass tabs.
  18. Too Many Notes

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Not Cookie Monster Cobalt? Dylan, I am available for hire as a branding manager with zero experience if you need me.
Top Bottom