Search results

1. Pancreas

If more speakers don't help, why do cars have so many speakers?

I have 2 Genelec 8030c on my desk setup. I was told by someone here that adding 1 or 2 more speakers would be useless unless the content you are consuming is surround and you would need a decoder, if so, how come vehicles have multiples speakers and you can hear surround effect even if music...
  2. Pancreas

RME UCXII vs Motu Ultralite MK5

I have yet to see a comparison of these two. RME UCXII - $1600 Motu Ultralite MK5 - $650 The RME is almost 3 times the cost, yet the Motu seems to have more connectivity and ports. I have Genelec 8030c. I went from Scarlett Solo to Motu Ultralite MK5 and noticed a considerable difference in...
  3. Pancreas

Wireless bass shaker for office chair?

Since I live in an apartment, a subwoofer is out of the question. I have Genelec 8030c How wireless are bass shaker anyway. That's my concern. I don't want cable running around the floor My chair is Haworth Fern which is a $1300 chair. The idea of drilling this chair is not appealing I found...
  4. Pancreas

Opinion on cable management

I got this cable management box off ebay used, it came with a cover to close it but it won't close with the Surgex, so just left it like that also for airflow The surge protector being enclosed in a box may not be good either way, the cable handing down is my guitar cable Maybe if I had the 2...
  5. Pancreas

The Apple Music windows app is garbage

This is the best they can do and they have billions? This apps keeps getting stuck on connecting all the time, I play song, then I want to play another one, stuck on connecting. Even if you click on other parts of the app, it lags, doesn't click 2023 and still can't listen to the streaming...
  6. Pancreas

Why buy or use CDs when streaming is more convenient?

I have a box with maybe 50 CDs and I NEVER listen to them. They're just collecting dust in the closet. Also, the internet is so large nowadays that even if you lose your CDs or they stop working, you easily buy a a replacement for cheap, download a FLAC copy, legally or illegally, etc. So what...
  7. Pancreas

As a guitar player, is audio interface your only option?

I suppose this depends on whether you're using your studio monitors for playing guitar or not. If you have a regular guitar amplifier or have a separate FRFR cabinet/powered cabinet, then it doesn't matter. The future of electric guitar playing is modeling, where AI simulates/models the tones...
  8. Pancreas

Chrome sometimes cuts off sound

I'm using my Genelec 8030c, which is basically Main out 1+2 and Motu Ultralite mk5 My monitor also has speakers, but for me to use it, I need to switch to it on the "select playback device", so I don't think is related to that as is always on Main out 1+2 Sometimes Chrome cuts off the sound...
  9. Pancreas

Is there a battery backup standalone without surge protector?

I have SurgeX - 10 outlet standalone. Everywhere I read it is said that is not recommended to connect a UPS to a surge protector. That both alternatives are not good. Either connecting a UPS to a surge protector or vice versa. The latter is worse. The problem here is that the UPS has a MOV...
  10. Pancreas

What else can I do to my setup?

I ended up getting the Genelec new stands. I think my "audiophile" inspired setup is almost done. I live in an apartment, so a subwoofer may not be a possibility. I wonder if adding a soundbar under the monitor would harm anything. My computer monitor has speakers. I keep wondering if there is...
  11. Pancreas

5.1 surround test is inverse for me

Why is this? When the video left side surround, my right speaker plays and viceversa should I disconnect the TRS on my Motu and switch them?
  12. Pancreas

My room with an acoustic treatment model

- Speakers Genelec 8030c - Audio Interface Motu Ultralite Mk5 - Genelec stands I'm a guitar player and I play through my speakers using a software called Neural DSP that mimics real guitar amplifiers. This works well, the downside is that the computer must be ON whenever I want to play...
  13. Pancreas

Not a big fan of how headphones feel

I have Sennheiser HD598 which are considered to be one of the most comfortable over ear headphones. I've had them for years. I rarely use them. They sound okay, but I hate the feeling of having something on top of my head like that. My ears and head get hot. They're "comfortable", but after...
  14. Pancreas

If you can't hear this then you're not an audiophile

This has nothing to do with being an audiophile. Anyone with average ear genetics will hear an improvement going from potato speakers/headphones to quality speakers. Audiophile doesn't mean being a perfect pitch freak. It means you are a connoisseur of higher-fidelity audio. People with better...
  15. Pancreas

Being an audiophile is a lonely hobby

Whether we wish to address it or not, the vast majority of us audiophiles are on the autistic spectrum. Many of us are capable of limited social interaction and excellent at being flatscreen warriors when the situation calls for it. I'm on the spectrum myself. Autistics have very refined...
  16. Pancreas

My Sennheiser 598s sound like trash after experiencing Genelec

For the longest time, all I had was a cheap soundbar from Taotronics. So "audiophile" for me was the 598s. I would either connect them directly to my PC or to a Scarlett solo I had I haven't used them in a long time since I got Genelec 8030c I also have a very good audio interface Motu...
  17. Pancreas

Are wireless surround systems worth it?

It seems very convenient, no cables which could be ideal, especially for a bedroom setup. Here is one that is very popular, they have different options from 3.1 to 9.1...
  18. Pancreas

The Worlds Best Cables are always sold out.

Why even have a business? I want to buy 2 cables on Amazon and it says it only has one cable available. https://www.amazon.com/Foot-Balanced-CUSTOM-Neutrik-NC3MXX-B/dp/B00XQUCYEG/ Like what the heck. It's just a regular 6 feet cable and it won't let add more than 1. There is nowhere else to...
  19. Pancreas

I get no audio with SMSL pom100 pro and PS5

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have Motu ultralite mk5 I connected to the MK5 optical out and got no bars on the audio interface software, but when I connected to optical in. I get bars moving on the optical input section of the software, but I get no sound through my speakers or...
  20. Pancreas

Is Genelec 8030c a better speaker than 8330a?

Its the best value and if all you are using is only 2 speakers, you can just do your own corrections. The question is an actual better speaker? I kinda wish I had SAM but I got my 8030c for $900 the pair fairly new which even less than the price of just one 8330a at $950
Top Bottom