Search results

1. Q

Does the cable length matter?

Hi, I made my DIY speakers "active" with a Beocreate. Active crossover inside the Beocreate, so 4 wires to each speaker. The Beocreate is mounted on the right one. Does the very different cable length to the left speaker matter? I found much information in both directions and hearing nothing...
  2. Q

Crossover, passive to active, not that easy?

Hi, I have a DIY set of speakers with a Tangband 1772 and 2 Eminence Alpha 15 like woofers for the lows. The speaker has a simple 500Hz 18 dB/octave HP, 12 dB/octave LP crossover. Because I bought a Hifiberry Beocreate I was thinking of making my speaker pair active and then use the 4 channel...
  3. Q

Is this LM3886 schematic good?

Hello, I build myself a stereo LM3886 amp with a toroidal transformer, a power supply board, 2 mono boards with LM3886, Volumio, 7" touch display, Khadas Tone board and an encoder for hardware volume control. Because it sounds that great, I want to make the supply board and LM3886 boards myself...
  4. Q

What 15" woofer is better for open baffle?

Hi, I hope someone can help me, because I cant choose one. What woofer is better for open baffle when neutrality and precision is the goal? The top datasheet or the bottom one? And why? Thank you so far QUO
  5. Q

My 2/3 DIY Corona Setup, Thank You ASR

Hi to everyone, thanks to this forum with all the knowledge and great members. Over quiet some time my setup has developed to the stage there it is now. This is the best setup I ever own and Im listening to it every day. Sometimes I stuck hours without moving and forget about everything :) So...
  6. Q

Tweeter frequency band to widen sweetspot

Hello, long story short: I have a DIY open baffle (Tangband 1772 and 2 Eminence Alpha 15 per speaker) and today I received a pair of Revel F208. The biggest difference is the much much wider sweetspot of the F208. My question is now: If I add a 3rd way to the system in form of a tweeter, what...
  7. Q

Speaker recommendation around the Revel F208

Hi, atm my chain looks like this: MiniDSP SHD > 2x Hypex NC400 DIY Mono Kits > prototype pair DIY open baffle with TangBand 1772 and 2x Eminence Alpha 15 each (see picture, 500Hh crossover, not finished wood, inspired by PureAudioProject and OmnesAudio). Im struggeling now between buying...
  8. Q

Studio monitor speakers without hiss?

Hello, because of the measurements, I bought the JBL 305P Mark II for my desktop. The problem is, that Im very sensitive with noise, but I wanted to give them a chance. At the end I sent them back because of the hiss. 1. What measured speakers are dead silent? 2. Are there some silent ones in...
  9. Q

Top list as useful orientation?

Hello again, to all of you with experience in different equipment. Can I use a top list like the Stereoplay/Connect TopList as an reference? https://www.connect.de/filedownload/documents/118665435/rang-und-namen-stereoplay-2020-03.pdf I mean not as the absoute choice maker. Only for...
  10. Q

Negative feedback bad for audio?

Hello, I bought 2 monoblocks NC400 DIY kits from hypex directly, because of the measurements here in the forum. They sound amazing and the assemly was very easy. Thanks for the great reviews! Last week I had a listening session with a guy who build high end OTL tube amps and there were many...
  11. Q

Pure Audio Project Trio with Tangband 1808 experience anyone?

Hi, Im interested in the Trio from Pure Audio Project with the Tangband 1808 full range driver. Is there anyone who own this speakers or any speaker from PAP? Anyone could tell something about possible advantages/disadvantages? Best regards Quo
  12. Q

4 CH amplifier for active crossover

Hello, Im using DIY open baffle speakers with a fixed crossover at 500hz. Because I want to experiment with the crossover frequency Im looking for a good amplifier solution, such as a 4 channel amplifier. I already own a MiniDSP DDRC24 as digital crossover and DSP. Is there anyone who has...
  13. Q

What to expect from headphones?

Hi, Im a big fan of speakers and its ability to "paint" the virtual image of the band that is playing. The difference in depth of the singer to the band itself, the space between the different band members with its instruments and the overall width of the virtual stage. Now there is the big...
  14. Q

What measurement differences are relevant?

Hi at all, I see all the measurements and compare them to find the "best" DAC or AMP. The problem is now that I already own some hardware and I can see the differences between them and the "top" gear, but have no clue how to weight the differences in its fatality^^ Is there already a thread...
  15. Q

How to fix my system?

Hello again, Ive got a problem that Im trying to solve in the last days in theory, but I realised that I need some help. I listen to music 95% with my computer - music and gaming etc. In gaming I use in ears, because I dont like the headband on my head. So there exist 2 ways I configure my...
  16. Q

DSP Correction Frequencies

Hi, what do you think about the information given on this page? Is it possbile to assign a characteristic to a specific frequency? Anyone know about more assignments like this? I would experiment in the next days with that. The interesting part for me is this: Move imaging forward Filter 1: ON...
  17. Q

What pair of Headphones?

Hello, I need a pair of headphones for the days, I cant listen to my speakers, because it is too loud. Im new to headphones and hope to get some experienced feedback from some of you. Around 500€ or 430$ I want so spent. I heard of Sennheiser 660s, Fostex 610. Is it possible to get a decent...
  18. Q

Dirac Live, FIR-filter - Yes, No?

Hello again, atm Im struggeling with the thought to buy a MiniDSP DDRC-24 or something that can handle FIR filters like this for example https://www.hifiberry.com/blog/announcing-the-dac-dsp/ ATM Im using Sure/Wondom DSP boards, UMIK1 (one for each channel) with AutoEQ(IIR), feeded by REW...
Top Bottom