• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tweeter frequency band to widen sweetspot

quorzar

Hello,
long story short: I have a DIY open baffle (Tangband 1772 and 2 Eminence Alpha 15 per speaker) and today I received a pair of Revel F208. The biggest difference is the much much wider sweetspot of the F208.

My question is now: If I add a 3rd way to the system in form of a tweeter, what must be the frequency band, especially in the bottom crossover point, to widen the sweetspot. Im clear that I never get the same as the F208, but what is a good starting point?

TY

QUO

gene_stl

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
It looks like you would want to find a tweeter that could come down to about 3K above which the 1772 has a wiggly response curve.
It also would be fairly beamy at the frequency too so you could come down lower. The coles tweeter might be a good match or other 20mm tweeter.

Top Bottom