Search results

1. S

Anyone in Toronto - and going to the Audio Fest?

I go once every few years just as a means of seeing what new stuff is out there and hanging out with friends. Anyone else going to this? I think I'll be there saturday :) https://audiofest.ca/toronto/
  2. S

Got a Chinese tube amp and now world is upside down

So out of curiosity, I picked up a cheap tube amp from Aliexpress - branded as OldChen. Its an EL34 single ended. I figured for the dirt low price of about $330 (canadian money) including shipping, I can mess around with it and see what I think. I was prepared to hate this thing because I've...
  3. S

Old Bryston 2B-LP

So I've acquired a Bryston 2BLP which is very clean and I'm listening to it and all in all it sounds quite good to my ears - like nothing jumping out as being objectionable. It sounds just a tiny bit darker up top than newer amps I've tried and bottom end a little fatter but not having measured...
  4. S

DAC straight to amp

Hi all, so for years I've used Jriver to drive a dac connected to a power amp but I'm often told that I'd get better results using a preamp. To me it seems the less stuff in the chain, the clearer - in theory, the sound. If I dont need any additional gain of a pre or have no need for more...
  5. S

Digital out of Asus Xonar STX (not II) ok or not so much?

Hello, trying to understand if the details listed here as far as the digital out of this sound card are decent for 44.1 use (most of my music is ripped WAV @44.1). I'm feeding an old DAC that does not have USB input. I mean to me it sounds good but I'm wondering if I'm just used to old and...
Top Bottom