Search results

1. B

Newbie Acoustic Guitar player looking for Audio Interface ?

Ok actually been playing off and on for years, but in order to improve I would like to record myself. Its actually a two pronged issue as the Mic plays a big part as well. Shure SM57 is probably one of the widest used mics, and I think Behringer makes a cheap copy as well. But I did hear that it...
  2. B

Wiim Pro or Denon receiver for Amazon Music ?

Right now I use a Firestick for my Amazon HD music and have it hooked to my TV for selections, and also to my Yamaha receiver. Works well but output is very low and have to turn my Receiver up very loud. Normal setting for volume control for music is 30-35, with Amazon music it has to be at...
  3. B

Steve Wilson Remixes question

First off I'm a big Jethro Tull fan, as well as ELP. I also like to fiddle with CD's using Audacity. Its also cool to see what the recordings look like as well, shows a lot about how they're recorded. I know its a simple program, but it does do a lot. I have to say I'm not hugely impressed with...
  4. B

Ripping CD collection

Yes I really like CD's. I also now have access to streaming music as well(Amazon Music). I used to like LP's too, but I finally moved on(and now there back!). I don't understand the CD's deteriorate with time thing. I haven't run into one yet anyways.. I could just do FLAC, and be done with it...
  5. B

Which media player for music files ?

I've always liked playing around with ripping CD's and using Audacity. Switched to Win 10 awhile ago and was wondering what you use for a music media player. Win 10 had some groove music player and I just didn't really like it. I've heard Foobar is good but can be somewhat difficult to setup. I...
  6. B

Wharfedale Diamond 220 crossover point ?

So where would you recommend crossing these over to a subwoofer ? I was thinking maybe 80-100 hz ? I notioced Amir saying there was a slight boominess, anyway to eliminate this with a different crossover point ?
  7. B

Bought Wharfedale 220 but too big for wall mount, Inwall maybe?

I have to say this is just a huge letdown. Im afraid the Wharfedale's just stick out too far into the room. Right one is right next to a hallway leading into my living room. So I can cut holes in the wall and make a space for them, or get inwall speakers. I have about 3 1/2 inches in the wall...
  8. B

Any AV receivers with built in equalizers ?

I see most of the speaker reviews and most If not all need a little tweaking as far as bumps and dips in there response. Pretty sure Roon is used most of the time. I was jkust wondering If any receivers have the ability to do this as well?
  9. B

Modding Emotiva B1+ ?

I've read the amazing things Dennis Murphy can do to budget speakers that makes them even better. I am considering getting the B1+ for wall mounting, and be used with a subwoofer. First was wondering what mods were done to make it better by Dennis(think it was the B1, but wouldn't the mods also...
  10. B

Wanted Pioneer SP-BS22-LR or Philharmonic modded version

A temporary solution to no speakers at all. Maybe you upgraded and have these around. I live in New England, so hopefully your not too far away. If I can get them for $100-200 that will be OK. Its either this or some new Emotiva B1+. Let me know what you have.
  11. B

How to adjust Parametric eq for speaker anomalies ?

I've seen this in all the speaker reviews. A speaker is say to bright so somehow a filter is put in place to adjust the sound at a certain frquency. My question is how this is done ?
  12. B

Polk XT15 vs Emotiva B1+

These have both been tested here, but I was wondering for those who have heard both, what would be the differences ? I'm considering both for wall mounting in a small room 8 x 12, and using a subwoofer.
  13. B

Help me choose temporary speakers

My Paradigm's are shot(drivers are gone), so I have no speakers. They will be wall mounted for sure. I would like to get the Revel M55XC as they are the only Revel's I have room for, but they aren't available until June or July. Thats a long time with no music. Also using a Dayton subwoofer. So...
  14. B

Monitor Audio Bronze 50 vs Wharfedale 220 and 12.1. Which one?

I'm going to be wall mounting these to replace Paradigm Atoms. Driving them using Yamaha RX-V757 along with a Dayton sub. I think I would prefer a warmer sound than a harsher one. Would really like to listen to them , but in the New England area there seem to be a lack of places to do it, other...
  15. B

Recommended Speakers ?

Is there a list somewhere of budget recommendation, under $300, under $500, etc ? I thought I saw one when I first came, but can't really find it any longer. OK maybe I'm just going blind ?
  16. B

Can you wall mount Elac Debut Reference speakers ?

As I have said in another thread I'm looking for replacements for my old Paradigm Atoms. I have to say after reading the glowing review of these I'm surprised that not everyone has them. My issue is space. My whole living room is only about 10 ft 6 inches by 13 feet with the speakers on the...
  17. B

Anyone know how the Revel Concerta2 S16 is?

I really liked the M16 review, but the S16's look really good. I would be using them as my main speakers in my living room along with a small Dayton sub. I would be mounting them on the walls, just not sure of the height, I know it says something about 10-15 degrees above the listener. Also...
  18. B

Paradigm Atom replacement suggestions ?

I have an old pair of Paradigm Atom 3.2's which I use with an old Dayton sub for my main system in my small living room. Recently I got a pair of Audioengine 5+ powered speakers for my bedroom, and they sound so much better than my old Atom's. The Audioengines are much more open and detaled and...
  19. B

DAC to use with Firestick 4K

New member here, just getting into streaming, but long time audio guy. Recently I wanted a way to stream Amazon HD music to my Audioengine 5+ powered speakers in my bedroom. I got a Firestick 4k after doing a little research. Just so happens we have a small tv there and I use it attached to the...
Top Bottom