• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Modding Emotiva B1+ ?

Bsmooth

I've read the amazing things Dennis Murphy can do to budget speakers that makes them even better. I am considering getting the B1+ for wall mounting, and be used with a subwoofer.
First was wondering what mods were done to make it better by Dennis(think it was the B1, but wouldn't the mods also apply the the B1+?).
What else would you do to help the sound of the B1+ slightly bright high end, and also the bass considering it will be mounted on the wall.
Last are there other speakers you would suggest similar to the B1+ that could also be wall mounted?

More Dynamics Please

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I believe the @Dennis Murphy mod to the B1 was a revised crossover and that Emotiva revised the B1 crossover when they upgraded it to the B1+. I'm not aware of any detailed performance measurements comparing the DM modded B1 against the B1+ so hard to say what gain might be achieved by applying the DM B1 crossover mods to the B1+.

EDIT: DM actually addressed this right here on ASR:

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
***update***..... Per Dennis.. The b1 and b1+ are basically identical speakers and the mod will work on the "+" model..... The upgrade is significant, i have the originals....

Top Bottom