Search results

1. B

TOPPING MX3s

Came with "Gain -3" and unresponsive state. Googling shows "wrong firmware". But there is no firmware for it anywhere. Odd. Sent to return.
  2. B

TOPPING MX3s

On sale today at 175 on amazon
  3. B

Straight from WhyFiles - might explain the joy of audio/music

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf I watched the video but I still suggest the read - more details.
  4. B

TOPPING MX3s

Somebody buy it and send to Amirm!
  5. B

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

consider getting rid of your tube amp. that's what will give u "grittiness" and all other bad things. get solid state (transistor or opamp) amplifier.
  6. B

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

blue group - venus hum. I simply froze.
  7. B

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

Electronics die, sometimes suddenly. Hence, I keep a backup amp - Aiyima A07 :)
  8. B

The Matrix Resurrections what a horrible movie...

hard to disagree. Weak sequel. No agent Smith - new actor. Much milder villain - Counselor. Bunch of weak new young characters - give me back Mouse any day now! No Oracle. But.... Merovingian! :D "Wake up, sheeple! This is for using children!"
  9. B

BRZHiFi M3 (MA12070)

BrzHiFi is a company known to butcher good components. I wouldn't buy anything unmeasured from them.
  10. B

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Purifi will run circles around PA5.
  11. B

SMSL AO200, Lack of bass punch/definition with Elac debut 6.2's

could it be that AO200 is simply "cleaner"? also, I had ELAC B6 (no .1 or .2) - first version. They are "not great" to put it mildly. Dialog in movies was impossible to decipher.
  12. B

Does Anything Surpass The JBL STAGE A130's?

if u read A130 review, Amir had to equalize them. So not so perfect.
  13. B

Short bout of tinnitus, how do you handle it?

I support that. Prednisolon will help. Also, for blocked blood vessels there is a simple homemade remedy: crush 1 lemon and 1 full garlic in the mixer (or slicer) put it into 1 liter of water and heat til it boils. steep for 1 hr or more. filter. drink up to 3 times a day. do some physical...
  14. B

Loxjie D40

They list "Output impedance 100 Ohm". not sure if it's for XLR outs? Or headphone out. hmmm.
  15. B

there are RCA to mono TRS plugs available anywhere - you will need two. something like these: https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Converter-Connector-RFAdapter-Subwoofer/dp/B088ZL89VJ/ They worked really well for me. As for "lost 4V input signal" - don't worry. PA5 will clip at 2.6V - its rated input...
  16. B

How many pairs of headphones do you need to cover all situations?

There is no limit for perfection! The more - the merrier! :D I mean, who's to stop me from buying a new ones, when I'm bored with my old ones?
  17. B

I agree on 3rd one - A07 stomps all over PA5. And the bottome line - save a little more money and get a Purifi or nCore, or don't save - get A07. PA5 works fine for my speakers JBL A170.
  18. B

SMSL A100 (ma 12070)

All-in-one from SMSL to compete with Loxjie A30... Built-in power supply, no optical input, no remote control - big minuses. listed SINAD 86dB - decent.
  19. B

Aiyima refuses to replace failed PSU [Now Resolved]

thx for clarifying. Maybe try feeding your sub via that small 3.5mm to RCA in the back of A07? Or split RCA inputs to A07 and sub? I have not very good Monoprice sub and it simply refused to work over speaker inputs, RCAs were fine.
Top Bottom