Search results

1. mononoaware

Is anyone else Ok with less than perfect performance?

- By "perfect" I mean "as a product performs out of the box without any faults". Most of my audio equipment has some kind of flaw in performance. Some caused by myself, some not. My headphones came with channel imbalance. I thought it was just positioning but I can still hear it until today...
  2. mononoaware

What is this? (USB thingey)

So I came across this today, and it caught my eye because it looks like a vacuum tube. Then I discovered it is a USB device, and so basically a DAC/Amp but the marketing is confusing. Model Number: 400-ADUSB001 It makes multiple references to "DTS 5.1" in the promotional images, but it just...
  3. mononoaware

[Solved] Attention Headphone users - I need help identifying these headphones.

Photo is from ShenzhenAudio twitter. Post only names the DAC/Amp/Player and there are zero comments.
  4. mononoaware

(Solved) Anyone recognise the base these monitors are sitting on?

Google search for "studio monitor base plate" and "studio monitor isolation base" turned up nothing. They do not look like the usual angled foam, and instead look like metal? Image is from Adam Audio Twitter page. I know the Studio monitors are sitting on some Isoacoustics product, but I am...
  5. mononoaware

Windows 95 Default Wallpaper

Do you remember what Windows 95 default wallpaper looked like? Here it is in all it’s glory (8K). imgur.
  6. mononoaware

What kind of wizardry is this? Concave mirror demo.

Does this same effect help to understand the function of inverted dome tweeters? (Focal etc) From my understanding all energy is vibration including light.
  7. mononoaware

SMSL DA-9 Review - Cause of clipping behaviour.

So in this review they mention the DA-9 sounds like it’s “clipping” when sent signal with strong bass frequencies while using with inefficient speakers. What could be the cause of this? First thought was possibly lack of proper application of thermal paste which I have seen mentioned in posts...
  8. mononoaware

Just found this video thought to share.

9. mononoaware

Equalizer settings (mine) - Do you think my hearing is broken?

So this is what my EQ setting on NW-A50 Series Walkman has looked like for the past few years and everything sounds “just right”, do you think my hearing is broken? The one in image (Custom 1) is for over-ear headphones, but the saved IEM equalizer setting (Custom 2) looks identical except -2dB...
  10. mononoaware

Bat man vs Super man by Zack Snyder (Watching now)

Watchmen was also by Zack Snyder. Both DC comics. So Bat man’s father was “The Comedian”?
  11. mononoaware

Share your Guilty Pleasure Modern/Pop Song in your archive

I am sure a lot of users have this, that one or few songs which simply does not fit in with the rest of your audio archive. Sounds almost like a song that you would hear on the radio (or is at least mastered in such a way), and you enjoy playing it on your system once in awhile. Maybe you need...
  12. mononoaware

Pig - Official Trailer (2021) Nicolas Cage, Alex Wolff

Have you been abstaining from watching the recent Nicolas Cage movies? I must admit I did watch “Mandy” when it came out, which was. . . an experience. I have been skipping the many recent B films with Nicolas Cage. But this one. . . “Pig” I think will be a good one to watch. Also I am a fan...
  13. mononoaware

(Solved) MacOS Big Sur “Apple Music” (Player Software) - USB to DAC - Equalizer delayed after pausing

Setup: M1 Mac Mini>USB cable>SMSL SU-8 DAC Is anyone else using Apple Music Application to playback using with Equalizer “on” after pausing experience a delay of 2-3 seconds before Equalizer actually enables? You can test the Equalizer by cutting everything above 1khz by -12dB, or cutting...
  14. mononoaware

Drummer steals the show (Video)

This video is humorous ha-ha-ha. Once you figure out what is going on. . . be patient. Hopefully gives someone a laugh. Moderators feel free to move the topic if it is necessary.
  15. mononoaware

MiniDisc (MD) - Appreciation (Video)

I came across this video recently uploaded a few days ago. Great summary, history and interesting information about the MiniDisc format, well put together video I think deserves more views. (Video is 38 minutes long so could be considered a short-documentary) If you are confused about...
  16. mononoaware

Archived Photography

These are some archived photograph's I found in a backup. They were originally found online. - - - - - - - - - -
  17. mononoaware

2021 Desktop Setup - Your audio auditioning/archiving system

Please share a photo of your 2021 audio archive desktop setup. It can be ugly or odd lets see where you analyze your audio. Requirements: use this post as example. Audio: Sabaj DA3 Balanced DAC + Panasonic SC-GA10 Smart speakers. (Audition system is intentionally lower fidelity than...
  18. mononoaware

Apple's new M1 Mac Mini as source (misses out on silent operation)

I have always been a Windows 10 user, but had this idea awhile ago to use a Mac Mini as a Source/player. According to past information, you can control Mac remotely using: iTunes + iPad Apple remote App, or Jriver Media Player + iPad Jriver remote App. So being a casual reader of "Apple News" I...
  19. mononoaware

Auto On/Off (Master/slave) Power boards - Prone to failure?

Hi, I had bought one of these awhile back, and it has been in a location which rarely sees devices being plugged in. Recently I decided to use it in another location, only to find the "Slave" socket devices do not automatically turn on when the "master" device is switched on. Devices plugged in...
  20. mononoaware

Hideous Sounds - Your healthy dose of noise and distortion.

Top Bottom